cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund for Data Usage

lowrider23
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I tried to make two payments of $15 each for a data top-up.

What should have been a 30 dollar total, somehow became 56.50

Can I get a refund for this please?

Thank you. 

13 REPLIES 13

@lowrider23 .

I would imagine you've heard from a moderator by now if you submitted your support request several hours ago. Please do tell us what the end result was after you chatted wirh the moderator. You can also request a review link from the moderator to rate your customer service experience for public mobile.

@lowrider23 wrote:

Thanks, I submitted a ticket a few hours ago. 

Take care and thank you for following up. 

@lowrider23 good to know that you had already submitted a ticket for the moderators.  Expect a reply within 48 hrs (faster response these days).  Keep an eye on the envelope icon on top right for the moderator's reply

Have a great day 😊

RosieR

lowrider23

Thanks, I submitted a ticket a few hours ago. 

Take care and thank you for following up. 

@lowrider23 wrote:

shows up as 2 payments.

1. 30

2. 20

vendor public mobile. 

Hi @lowrider23 it's been 4 hours since you first posted your payment issue.  If still you have not received an acceptable answer to your issue, it's time to contact the moderators who are Public Mobile employees and have access to your account.  We are just fellow customers here in the forum.  If you had already contacted the moderators, good for you.  If not yet, here are ways to contact the moderators.

Two ways to contact the moderators:

• Preferred way – Click the chat bubble at the bottom right of the pageChatbot.png or click this link  >> type “I have been overcharged" >> "Contact Us" >> Click here to submit a ticket!
  • Alternative way – Send a private message to the Moderators_Team here.  You have to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work. 

It may take from 1 hr to 2 days (faster response these days) to receive a reply from the moderators.  Keep an eye on the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up. That would be the moderator’s reply.

Moderators are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Please keep us posted

RosieR

REMINDER:  Please do not post any personal information in the forums.  These are public forums and there are quite a number of fraudsters lurking around ready to steal your personal info.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lowrider23 

It's possible one of those charges may drop off if they're pending or unauthorized charges on your payment card.

I would make a note to check in a couple of days to see if they posted as actual charges. 

@lowrider23 

Ok so is the extra $20 in funds in your balance? Its usually just easier to use it for a future payment as your renewal will probably come quicker than a refund.

@lowrider23 

If there is an error in the charges to your credit card you can contact the moderators fo have it corrected by either accepting a credit to your account or requesting a refund ( may take up to 30 days). Do not request a chargeback from your credit card issuer as this will affect your account.

lowrider23

shows up as 2 payments.

1. 30

2. 20

vendor public mobile. 

@lowrider23 

What is the balance in your account? When you look at your payment history does it only list the two payments of $15? The $56.50 charge on your credit card.....What is the merchant listed?

yiruiruan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What is the balance showing up in your account? Go to your transaction log to see the details. If you paid with your credit card, wait until the payment is posted, if it is still not correct at that time and your account is not showing the correct amount, ask for a chargeback. Although that is not recommended as it may affect your PM account.

lowrider23

Didn't do anything accidentally.

Selected 2 payments of $15/e for additional data. 

Should have been $30 + tax.

yiruiruan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did you accidentally added something else that is $25 each twice? It seems that you have been charged $50 + tax. If the fund is in your account, simply leave it there for your use in the future. Since PM is a pre-paid service, it does NOT offer any sort of refunds. So your only option would be using the extra $20 of credit in the future.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@lowrider23 wrote:

Hi, I tried to make two payments of $15 each for a data top-up.

What should have been a 30 dollar total, somehow became 56.50

Can I get a refund for this please?

Thank you. 

Look in self service in Available Funds. If the money is there just leave it. Those funds will be used on your next renewal date.

Need Help? Let's chat.