cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving text messages from abroad

maru1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Even if I have a plan with international messages, my phone is not receiving any! 

It used to work, but than my phone got stolen. I stopped my plan for two weeks, than I reactivated it, but now the foreign messages don't seem to come.

Any ideas please?? Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

@maru1 Different thought: reboot your phone and/or try your new SIM in a different phone to isolate the issue. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@maru1 wrote:

I already confirmed with them and my nuber is correct on their end. 

Is there any way to contact anybody from Public mobile directly?

Contacting mods has changed; to get a ticket:

1. click the ? on the lower right of this page,

2. enter "ticket",

3. click "Contact us",

4. click "Submit ticket",

5. login manually if your username/password are not filled in,

6. click the drop down menu (in the white area),

7. pick the topic that fits your issue and follow the directions to submit it,

8. If none of the topics are correct click Other/Something Else until you reach the blank form

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

maru1

I already confirmed with them and my nuber is correct on their end. 

Is there any way to contact anybody from Public mobile directly?

maru1

That is all correct. I can send a message to Europe, but I am not receiving any.

If you're talk and data are fine and you're recieving domestic texts...I spect something amiss on the senders end. Make sure the sender is using the correct numbers.

maru1

Thanks for idea, but nope - just a sim card was stolen, phone reminded the same (Iphone)

maru1

Everything else works just fine.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@maru1Did your stolen phone happen to be an iPhone and you replaced it with an Android phone? If so you will need to disable your iMessage settings first.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@maru1, all the plan features are for use when connected to the Public Mobile network.  That means you can send text to anywhere in the world and receive from text anywhere in the world when connected to the Public Mobile network.  Public Mobile does not operate services abroad and they only partner with US carriers for roaming service. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Do you still get domestic text messages ? Is talk and data still working ok ?

Need Help? Let's chat.