cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving calls from USA, India, (worldwide)

blessme4k
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I live in Canada and reside here. If I get a call from the USA, India etc... will I get billed extra or is it covered under my plan?

The plan would be the $25 plan unlimited canada-wide calling.

6 REPLIES 6

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@austinhuang wrote:

@hycm53 wrote:

@blessme4k  For my understanding there's no charge for you when you receive a call from outside of Canada, until you got message saying “this is collect call, will you pay it?”. But I doubt there's any collect call these days.

I don't think collect calls work on prepaid customers. They're mostly for postpaid customers who are billed after for their use.

@austinhuang I was looking at this a couple of days ago for someone and don't believe collect calls are possible to receive with post-paid cellular/mobile plans, either.  There are workarounds, some of which I mentioned on that thread:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/Collect-calls/m-p/343903/highlight/true#M1...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hycm53 wrote:

@blessme4k  For my understanding there's no charge for you when you receive a call from outside of Canada, until you got message saying “this is collect call, will you pay it?”. But I doubt there's any collect call these days.

I don't think collect calls work on prepaid customers. They're mostly for postpaid customers who are billed after for their use.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@blessme4k wrote:

I live in Canada and reside here. If I get a call from the USA, India etc... will I get billed extra or is it covered under my plan?

As long as you're in Canada, you won't ever be extra billed for recieved calls from outside of Canada as long as your plan is active.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@blessme4k  Everything with Public Mobile is prepaid, if something isn't incluided in your plan or an addon you purchased then you can't use it, there are never charges/fees/ect.

@blessme4k wrote:

You can receive calls from anywhere while you are in Canada.  Even if there were charges for this, which there aren't, Public Mobile doesn't have pay-per-use charges.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.