cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Receiving calls from UK

What plan do I require to recieve calls from the UK and what will I be charged when they call?

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Receiving calls from UK

@chrisbca wrote:

What plan do I require to recieve calls from the UK and what will I be charged when they call?

@chrisbca 

You can receive calls from anywhere on any plan with talk...no xtra charges

Mayor / Maire

@Metal1967 wrote:

@chrisbca wrote:

@chrisbca 

@Metal1967   your statement applies to unlimited plans only, though. If you are on the $10/50min/50texts plan all incoming calls will count against your 50 minutes of included airtime.

@chrisbca wrote:

As Metal1967 said, any plan will do.

For some reason people seem to think that it matters where a call comes from.  It never does, on any carrier, on any plan.   There are even some people who incorrectly swear by this and refuse to answer a call from someone calling from a different city. 

This is unwarranted and there's no truth to this costing the receiving person anything extra. When someone calls you, it is all the same, whether the call is from your next door neighbor, from someone on the other side of the country, or a call from the other side of an ocean.

@wetcoaster 

Still no xtra charges....just less time to talk on the $10 package.....

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Metal1967 wrote:

@chrisbca wrote:

@chrisbca 

@Metal1967   your statement applies to unlimited plans only, though. If you are on the $10/50min/50texts plan all incoming calls will count against your 50 minutes of included airtime.

Yes, of course that's true.  I think he was just trying to point out that that the person calling from the UK isn't a factor.

Mayor / Maire

@Metal1967 wrote:

@wetcoaster 

Still no xtra charges....just less time to talk on the $10 package.....

Which, essentially, equals to a charge. Not because of the location of the original caller, but because you are still using your airtime on an incoming call.

@chrisbca on Public Mobile you can receive incoming calls from anywhere in the World no matter whatever plan you have. 

Hi @chrisbca,

I see that you already received a lot of great answers.

If you want more detailed information please check our Knowledge Base click here .

Camelia_M

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am not able to receive calls from UK and I read this thread before I signed up with public mobile.  @Metal1967  can you look into why my family cant call my cell number?