cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
koodonomore
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Receiving calls and SMS(text messages) while overseas

I want to say that when I was on Koodo - after being out of country for 3 weeks, I could come home and receive a flood of text messages from the time when I was away.

And the issue is that I can't really control people sending me SMS while I'm away.  It would be nice not to miss them.

Superapoon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

if i go Hk, do i still receive the text message from canada friends? is any charges ?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Superapoon 

No. Outside of the US where you can still receive incoming text messages without a roaming plan or choose one or more of the US 10 day roaming plans to be able to send and recieve texts, calls and/or data.

You can however download the fongo app ( works both on wifi and mobile data) or the text now app and call forward your pm number before you leave Canada to your text now or fongo number. You will then recieve all of your incoming calling to your pm number on your text now or fongo number while on wifi. If you get a local sim card and use the fongo app your calling will be almost seamless. SMS text forwarding is possible but requires your pm sim card to be left in Canada in a working phone that is left on at all times preferably left charging.

Need Help? Let's chat.