Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received a message from 5129 letting me

natyd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I eeceived a message from 5129 that sais:

An offer so good, we can barely believe it! Join Koodo and get $20 Unlimited Talk & text  for ONLY $20 per Month! Redeem online at https://Koo.do./choosekeoodo or

Have someone received this message?

I have $25 Unlimited Talk & text, the unlimited Talk is working but sending sms is not working for me except only 1 number. They have tried to fix the problem ... but still after more than 30 days I cannot send messages. 

I think it will be a wise decision to join Koodo or Char. I need to be able to send sms. School starts soon and I need to be able to send sms ... and PM coudn't fix my problem.

Any help it will be welcome.

14 REPLIES 14

@natyd wrote:

Do you have another device to pop your sim card in?

@RobertQc wrote:

@natydWere you EVER able to send? Did you recently buy a roaming / text add on? Do you have another device to pop your sim card in? If your sim card in another phone does the same thing there might have been an incomplete / problem / glitch during the port process maybe even a recent renewal. There have been some weird public mobile problems recently you may have to send a message to the moderator team to look into it.

1. Yes, I was able to send in the begining, then everything started to change.

a) First month I was able to send messages in Ontario and International

b) Second month I was able to send some messages ... only some

c) Starting last month I was able to send only to my brother in Spain.

2. Did you recently buy a roaming / text add on?

NO, I didn't.

3. Do you have another device to pop your sim card in?

Not yet. My kid is in US and he is comming back in 3 weeks. I will be able to check my card in his phone at that time.

However, I am thinking about going to a shop and ask them to let me try my sim card in a new phone. 

4. I have sent to mederators. They tried and assure me that they will fix the problem, but I didn't stressed them ... and I haven't receive any answers. It is I think 3 weeks, and I have just sent a new message today.

Thanks guys for tryting to help. I like Public Mobile because if you have a problem everyone is trying to help you. Thanks again!

Did the moderators get back to you?

Did you end up going to the store to try another phone?

natyd

Do you have another device to pop your sim card in?

@RobertQc wrote:

@natydWere you EVER able to send? Did you recently buy a roaming / text add on? Do you have another device to pop your sim card in? If your sim card in another phone does the same thing there might have been an incomplete / problem / glitch during the port process maybe even a recent renewal. There have been some weird public mobile problems recently you may have to send a message to the moderator team to look into it.

1. Yes, I was able to send in the begining, then everything started to change.

a) First month I was able to send messages in Ontario and International

b) Second month I was able to send some messages ... only some

c) Starting last month I was able to send only to my brother in Spain.

2. Did you recently buy a roaming / text add on?

NO, I didn't.

3. Do you have another device to pop your sim card in?

Not yet. My kid is in US and he is comming back in 3 weeks. I will be able to check my card in his phone at that time.

However, I am thinking about going to a shop and ask them to let me try my sim card in a new phone. 

4. I have sent to mederators. They tried and assure me that they will fix the problem, but I didn't stressed them ... and I haven't receive any answers. It is I think 3 weeks, and I have just sent a new message today.

Thanks guys for tryting to help. I like Public Mobile because if you have a problem everyone is trying to help you. Thanks again!

natyd

I did that, in addition I reinstalled my phone and erase everythign (factory settings).

It didn't change anything. Now the situation is worst. I can send to only 1 number in Spain.

@RobertQc wrote:

@natydTry clearing your message app data

Tap on Apps.
Tap on Apps
2 Tap on Settings.
Tap on Settings
3 Tap on Apps.
Tap on Apps
4 Scroll down and tap on Messages.
Scroll down and tap on Messages.
5 Tap on Storage.
Tap on Storage
6 Tap on CLEAR DATA > DELETE.

Please Note: this will delete all TXT messages and MMS so make sure you backup before this step 

Tap on Clear Data
7 Restart your device and then try sending a text message again.

@natydTry clearing your message app data

Tap on Apps.
Tap on Apps
2 Tap on Settings.
Tap on Settings
3 Tap on Apps.
Tap on Apps
4 Scroll down and tap on Messages.
Scroll down and tap on Messages.
5 Tap on Storage.
Tap on Storage
6 Tap on CLEAR DATA > DELETE.

Please Note: this will delete all TXT messages and MMS so make sure you backup before this step 

Tap on Clear Data
7 Restart your device and then try sending a text message again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found an anonymous setting on my antique Z30 that I have left on. Maybe that's where the promos are going. Also ads. Both blocked.

Maybe you have some other kind of filter somewhere deep that is filtering your texts somehow.

natyd

Yes, I can receive SMS with no issues, and I can receive MMS.

No, I cannot send MMS or SMS.

My SMSC is 16475800172.

I have been using 4 SMS apps - no one is working.

PS.

I set my preferred network type to 3G only ... but that didn't fix the issue.

These are some interesting things:

1. My phone is telling me - Delivered (but it is not).

2. In the Public Mobile's history I have the confirmation that all my sms are delivered.

3. I can call and received messages from any number.

4. All my sms to my brother in Spain are working. I can send him a sms!

@natyd

I know this is not a solution to the real problem but if you don't mind downloading a 3rd party app, I personally use "TextPlus" so I can have a 2nd number to text from that uses wifi / data. Its a free app that gives you a free phone number to text to and from. It has ads but its free to text.

natyd

I don't want to swich, but I need to be able to send sms. In addition, I am paying for this ... and is not working.

I am not yet stressed, but I will be starting September.

natyd
This is an old message I posted ...

The problem is the same!

Sending SMS – Inconsistent (only working sometimes)

I'm having a very frustrating experience with sending text messages.

I'm on an Android phone Honor 7X

My APN settings are:

Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: blank (not set)
Port: blank (not set)
Username: blank (not set)
Password: blank (not set)
Server: Leave blank (not set)
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: blank
APN type: default,mms,supl

APN protocol: IPv4

APN Roaming protocol: IPv4

APN enable

Bearer: unspecified

MVNO type: None

MVNO value: blank (not set)

• I've searched here, and I found some suggestions … but no one is working (I set my APN 3 times with suggestions I had found here, but still inconsistent).
  • I’ve restarted my phone several times

Messages sent to my brother in Spain are working. Messages sent to my friend in Romania, were working sometimes ... now are not working anymore. All the messages sent in Canada aren't working anymore. 

And Yes, I can receive sms, and send only to one number! My brother in Spain. Last time I checked that was working ...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe I should've added...I'm not interested in any of these offers. Often these kinds of offers are for a short time as an intro price. I hate those.

I'm perfectly happy with PM. Still.

@Anonymous wrote:

Whimper sniffle...I don't get any of these offers. 🙂

Send a message to 5129 and just say "offer" you might get one

My last promocode GOKOODO404GB100 Koo.do/choosekoodo

If you want to unsubscribe just message 5129 and say unsubscribe

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whimper sniffle...I don't get any of these offers. 🙂

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@natyd I get these offers all the time from Koodo if you do not want them reply back with "unsubscribe"

Can you receive SMS with no issues? Can you send / receive MMS?

The most common problem for not being able to send SMS is having an invalid SMSC number.

The SMSC number for Public Mobile is 16475800172. Make sure you input that number into your message center option on your phone.

Depending on  your phone... Messaging=>Settings=>Text(SMS) Messages=> SMSC Setting. Then input 16475800172

If you are not able to send MMS that’s a nother issue and the most common problem is a Data issue with your APN not properly being configured.

Need Help? Let's chat.