cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really frustrated and angry with moderator support

sharon1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been communicating with moderators to have the June 1 offer for the 5 GB credited to my account like others have posted about as clearly something went amiss for more than me with this offer. After multiple requests for different pieces of information I am now told that a manual adjustment is not possible as a script is run at the time of set up for the credit to take place. Given others have had it retroactively adjusted I am not happy about the response about the bonus but I am even more unhappy and angry with having my time wasted and feeling like I am being lied to. 

12 REPLIES 12

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@sharon1  no use getting mad and frustrated at PM it was your own doing you didn't meet the requirements sorry

@Anonymous wrote:

@sharon1 

Ah. The problem here is that you didn't follow the promo therefore you're not even eligible.

The promo was to buy the SIM online using a unique email address and activate it using the same email address by Jun 16.

You got a SIM elsewise.

Unfortunately this is correct, you do not qualify then. Whoever gave sold you that sim is who you should be angry at. Now frustrated, you can still feel that way with your service from the moderators.

That can still improve for sure 

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

If they refuse to honour promo this is an easy fix (usually a week or two)

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/

Click the big red complaint button

Trust me even if there was a script or something physically not possible they can go in and manually edit account every month

@sharon1 wrote:

I have been communicating with moderators to have the June 1 offer for the 5 GB credited to my account like others have posted about as clearly something went amiss for more than me with this offer. After multiple requests for different pieces of information I am now told that a manual adjustment is not possible as a script is run at the time of set up for the credit to take place. Given others have had it retroactively adjusted I am not happy about the response about the bonus but I am even more unhappy and angry with having my time wasted and feeling like I am being lied to. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@sharon1 

I just shake my head and wonder how things go astray for some people. I picked up this promo. SIM arrived. Sat on it to see if any other promo showed up **cough$25cough**. Activated on the last day. The next day the 5gb showed up. 30 days later I changed down to a lesser plan using Available Funds and the 5gb is still there and all is fine.

Stuff happens, especially with the online portal.  No point in wondering how it happened unless involved in plugging the bugs.  Redressing the problem should not be so frustrating.  @sharon1 , if you are totally disatisfied with how you have been treated, the CCTS is also there for you if you so choose.  It is covered in the knowledge base.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/About-The-CCTS/ta-p/33309

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sharon1 

Ah. The problem here is that you didn't follow the promo therefore you're not even eligible.

The promo was to buy the SIM online using a unique email address and activate it using the same email address by Jun 16.

You got a SIM elsewise.

sharon1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The issue appears to be when the sim was purchased- the person referring me bought some in advance to be able to sign up others quickly - something I would think Public Mobile would find as a great thing for a variety of reasons. If I sign up as a new member and activate my account during the time of the bonus why does it matter when an inactivated SIM card is purchased? It makes no sense and was obviously not clear for the person referring me so I suspect others might not know either. My second issue is being told adjustments can’t be made after the fact when others have had this done. As you can likely tell this has ceased to be just about the bonus data and is a matter of transparency and trust. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sharon1 

I just shake my head and wonder how things go astray for some people. I picked up this promo. SIM arrived. Sat on it to see if any other promo showed up **cough$25cough**. Activated on the last day. The next day the 5gb showed up. 30 days later I changed down to a lesser plan using Available Funds and the 5gb is still there and all is fine.

charlesgo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yeah i agree! for a company to 'reward loyalty' they should also be loyal to their consumers by following through their promises..

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That is disappointing, Sharon. I've generally had good encounters with the moderator team; always sad to here when that's not the case for someone else. Hope that you get the data credited and PM makes good on this.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@sharon1 did you meet all the requirments bought sim online june 1st signed up by 16th on a 25 or higher plan

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

I'm not sure if I posted on your thread before, or if it was someone else, but I am one of these people who have it added after the fact. And then I had it added again when it disappeared at renewal. 

Were you able to find proof, emails or texts from PM to prove beyond doubt that you met all the requirements? If so, I don't think I'd take no for an answer. 

It was promised. Now PM must deliver.

If you want to see what I sent them, just private message me.

charlesgo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This sucks Sharon!  I was hoping that PM would be pretty transparent (which is how they have been for me so far) but there are always people who have bad experiences.  I hope you do get that credit that you were promised sooner rather than later

Need Help? Let's chat.