cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Updated: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!

Yamir
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can you guys image.. 

I bought a SIM card through Amazon and received it yesterday.. I enrolled this morning but the deal was over... can someone help me. I want that plan because I travel a lot in the US. Please please

16 REPLIES 16

crystalholtby78
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sucks

(messages and threads merged into one)

Yamir

Ok, thank you for your answers.

@Yamir wrote:

Hello, I received my SIM CARD yesterday and I wanted to have this plan. 

I enrolled to PM this morning but unfortunately the plan promotion was over.

Can someone add this plan to my account?

Sorry. It ended last night.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Yamir wrote:

Hello, can someone help me..

I received my SIM card today but the plan I wanted finished last night at midnight..

Is it possible for me to have it because I traveled a lot to the USA.

Can someone apply the plan to my account?

You've already posted this a couple of times.  Unfortunately, it is gone for now but it may or may not be back as a future promotion. 

You can sign up to receive email alerts for announcements of new promotions near the bottom of the plans page here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/plans

RossN
Mayor / Maire

hi I think when it’s gone it’s gone sorry

@AE_Collector wrote:

Yes I agree...they don’t have to give any notice but why not promote its demise with a bang. I had a referral likely ready to go on it today. Even if I had seen the announcement early yesterday rather than with 1 hour to go we could have likely managed it.

I lost a referral too, but now maybe I'll be able to get her the next billing cycle, she just renewed, i was asking earlier if 2g roam can be used in Canada and the answer was no. 

I hope they'll have 500m autopay bonus as she will be giving up throttled unlimited, it would make my life much easier.

When do snowbirds leave? If they are leaving in December we may see a comeback.

But to be honest if i was spending considerable amount of time south of the border i woud order textnow sim. Deals look great and it's a Canadian company. If i was telus i wound consider those guys seriously. They already go great with public 15 plan:)

Yamir

Hello, I received my SIM CARD yesterday and I wanted to have this plan. 

I enrolled to PM this morning but unfortunately the plan promotion was over.

Can someone add this plan to my account?

Yamir

Hello, can someone help me..

I received my SIM card today but the plan I wanted finished last night at midnight..

Is it possible for me to have it because I traveled a lot to the USA.

Can someone apply the plan to my account?

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello Yamir!

Thank you for approaching us!

Unfortunately the 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60 plan is discontinued since it expired on October 10th 2019! 😞

The only interesting promo that we have is the 60$ promo with 10 GB of data!

I wish you an Excellent day! 🙂

Public Mobile Team

I guess we have been spoiled with great heads up by now, so i kinda feel bad that there was no prior warning. Though i wasn't planning on grabbing that deal lol. I feel spoiled:)

I didn't see the announcement for the new plan nor do i see it as an option to switch to.

I guess the news is about to hit us, I'm curious if there is more stuff in that basket. They would sometimes announce more of them I one post.

Now i feel like my grandpa is coming, there's always something good in his bag:)

Yes I agree...they don’t have to give any notice but why not promote its demise with a bang. I had a referral likely ready to go on it today. Even if I had seen the announcement early yesterday rather than with 1 hour to go we could have likely managed it.

@hairbag1 wrote: Alternative is to get a sim and cheap US plan.

This is what is unfortunate about losing this plan especially since very little time was given to those who considering this plan. Whether it was just to change their current one or were signing up for the first time. 8 hours is not a lot of turn around time (on a workday to boot) to get a SIM card and activate. If  your anything like me it is rare to not experience an error upon activation requiring an ill- timed lock out session. And in the case of a promo a desperate plea to the moderators for it to be applied retroactively. Given some lead time of a few days or in this case the long weekend would have been an excellent sign up drive for pm. " Don't be a turkey this weekend and get cooked! Sign up by October 14th or it's gone forever." Ah...such is life. C'est la vie.

Okay... off to figure out what the $60/10Gb plan just mentioned is.....

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Yamir wrote:

Can you guys image.. 

I bought a SIM card through Amazon and received it yesterday.. I enrolled this morning but the deal was over... can someone help me. I want that plan because I travel a lot in the US. Please please

After you subscribe to one of the current plans...The 10 Day US Roaming add-on is your only second choice, but it's still available for you. Your 10 days start the minute you buy it ...if you buy at 10pm..that's day 1.

Using wifi at walmart or wherever, you can buy the plan while you're in USA.

Alternative is to get a sim and cheap US plan.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello Yamir!

Thank you for approaching us!

Unfortunately the 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60 plan is discontinued since it expired on October 10th 2019! 😞

The only interesting promo that we have is the 60$ promo with 10 GB of data!

I wish you an Excellent day! 🙂

Public Mobile Team

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

I think you are hooped. Now maybe they will bring it back temporarily like they did when they discontinued the $10 plan. Or maybe it will be back in a few days like when they discontinued the $25 plan. Or maybe this experiment is done for, no one knows. Many commented that they would like to see this concept as a US Add-on available for all or most of the PM plans. Maybe that will happen. Sit tight for a few days or a week and see if anything changes.

Need Help? Let's chat.