cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unable to send text messages to certain 204 area code numbers

hearty_meal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is an update on the 204 txting issue. Telco tried today to switch me back to Canada wide txting from international txting, but the problem is the same (sorry, we do not offer text messaging outside Canada at this time). Don't know when they moved Manitoba outside Canada. This ticket was opened on July 9th, 2016 over 2 months ago, something is lacking somewhere and the problems needs to be fixed. Under the new plan they only have Global texting which is an extra cost to me and

i don't need Global texting. They don't have internation texting so since the switch i am unable to Call

certain numbers in area code 204. "Public Mobile can you please bring this problem to a solution without costing me extra money". Thanks. PS: This problem is only associated with texting.

4 REPLIES 4

hearty_meal

Starting in Dec. 2016 I updated my account to the new 12GB plan witch includes

global texting. Since that time i have no more problems texting area code 204.

hearty_meal

The reason I didn't start a new thread is because this is an ongoing problem. Too many of the

problems are ended with "send me a private message" and you never see a solution if any.

Telco is still working on the problem but it's time that Public Mobile someway bring this problem to a solution. This problem it not just associated with area code 204, other area codes have the same

problem and I have not seen a solution to any of them. I guess the easiest way to fix this problem

is for me to take your option of "global Texting" which means extra money and extra data that I don't need. My phone number was supplied via a private message in the previous thread but I will send

it again. This message will be updated by me when we get a solution to this problem.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @hearty_meal

I'm sorry about this, 

Can please send me a private message with your Public Mobile phone number and I will look into this for you. 

Thank you @Luddite

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Moved your message to create a new thread. Adding to an old one, even your own, means that only a few people will see it. Best to begin anew.

Some bugs do take too long to repair. Let's see what light @Shazia_K or @Mary_M can shed on your issue.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.