cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Only have 500mb of data when I should have 500+500mb

mexxem
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the 8gb plan +500mb but I'm capped at 8gig, how come? And I have autopay enabled.  It's been enabled for months I just never reached my max data before.  Have I always been capped at 8gig and just didn't know it? 

15 REPLIES 15

@mexxem wrote:

Thank you.  Thank you to everyone that weighed in commented in trying to help me.  A mod looked at my usage and I've used it all up.  My mistake on not keeping track of the data usage properly. 

Thank you guys! 

Glad you got it figured out,and Data Witness took mr forever to customize and get set as close as possible for me.  On my 90-day. Plan, it’s working great for me.  Very small difference between the official counter, and the on phone counter.

mexxem

Thank you.  Thank you to everyone that weighed in commented in trying to help me.  A mod looked at my usage and I've used it all up.  My mistake on not keeping track of the data usage properly. 

Thank you guys! 

mexxem

Ah ok.  That's what it's doing.  Not showing any number amounts. I'm guessing in that case I reached my 8.5gig limit or I reached 8gig and somehow the 500mb isn't being recognized as an add-on.  It's possible I didn't set up the 'Data Witness' appup properly and just never got close to max data to notice it.  

@mexxem  in your data and add on section in your self serve account. it will show you how much you are using when its all gone than it doesnt show at all

mexxem

Maybe I have the Data Witness not matched up with the billing cycle. On the account itself when I log in I can't see how much data I have used up.  Billing cycle starts at midnight tonight so I'll see.  If that's the case I'll post a reply here.  Where on my profile can I see how much data I have used up?  Or does it only show the total? 

@mexxem, right now, it appears you're out of your data - You've used all 8.5 GB.

If you're not out of data, then the self-serve is working incorrectly at this time.

I don't know when your renewal is, so you have a couple of options here.

1.  Buy data add-on(s) to get you through to your renewal, or

2.   Change plan to another plan to get you going (you can use the plan builder to create an 8 GB plan with the same features for $50/30-day, or $150/90-day (24 GB on the 90-day for all 90 days), or

3.  Top up $50 worth and ask the Moderator_Team for early renewal.

@mexxem wrote:

Screenshot_20190718-113520.png

That's a screenshot I just took. Thank you for the advice!

@mexxem  Is it possible you are on the older 8GB plan? If that is the case then you need to setup a plan change to take advantage of the new 8GB + 500 MB bonus plan to take effect on your next renewal.

Edit: Nevermind misread the screenshot.

mexxem

Screenshot_20190718-113520.png

That's a screenshot I just took. Thank you for the advice!

@mexxem wrote:

The plan I'm on used to be 8gig and then I had the option to opt in for Autopay for an extra 500mb.  The Plan description says

"

• This plan includes: -
  • - 8.5GB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Talk to Canada and the US

@mexxem is this from your My Account information, or is it from somewhere else?  If your plan detail shows this, then you should be getting the extra 500 Mb (actually 512 Mb).  A screenshot of the Plan Detail tab will confirm this.

mexxem

The plan I'm on used to be 8gig and then I had the option to opt in for Autopay for an extra 500mb.  The Plan description says

"

• This plan includes: -
  • - 8.5GB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Talk to Canada and the US

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Hi @mexxem, I see you're new to the community very recently, but I wonder how long you've been with Public Mobile?

If you signed up a number of years ago, the plan you're on may not have had the extra 500mb as part of a deal.  If this is the case, you're not actually missing it, but if the plan is still available, you can change to it.  Public Mobile doesn't automatically improve your plan, you have to be on the lookout for changes, and do them manually.

You can change your plan in the "My Account" area by selecting the "Change my Plan" button on the overview page, then choosing from the Ready-Made plans at the top, or using the plan builder.

I think you're looking for the Ready-Made $50 plan.  If you're going to change, look for the "Change on next renewal" so you don't lose your current remaining services.

selva1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What is your plan? For $50 with auto pay it is 8.5gb and for $25 with auto pay it is 1gb. Either way, with auto payment there is additional 500mb data. Are you absolutely sure that you have setup auto payment? Check that in the account. Hope this help.

I would log into your self-serve account to see how much data your acount says that you have.  It is in the section that says data and add-ons.  By any chance to you have a data limit set on your smartphone?

mexxem

Thank you geopublic!  Just sent a message and waiting for reply.  

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mexxem wrote:

I have the 8gb plan +500mb but I'm capped at 8gig, how come? And I have autopay enabled.  It's been enabled for months I just never reached my max data before.  Have I always been capped at 8gig and just didn't know it? 

@mexxem  If that is the case you need to notify the moderator team. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Need Help? Let's chat.