cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Not receiving text messages after US Roaming expires

Nancy1968
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Received a message from Public Mobile letting me know that I have used up 95 of my US data and now I am not receiving any more text.  I am back in Canada.

4 REPLIES 4

colin59i
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is not a solution to the problem. It merely explains that client has to senselessly wait several hrs before the paid for service is working again.

Colin

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @Nancy1968,

thank you for taking the time to share your concern regarding your US roaming add-on!

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been impacted by the us roaming expiry. Basically, once the add-on expires, you aren't able to receive any text messages. This is a known issue, however it usually self-resolves itself after a few hours. If you're still facing service issues, rest assured that we'll help - just send us a private message 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

DrDjuro
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yep, exact same problem as me. Just contact the moderators per instructions above.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Nancy1968, Did the problem start immediately when you got back to Canada?  Is calling, sending text & data working? Also, when was your (10 day?) roaming plan set to expire.  It's possible that when it does, it clears up the texting issue. 

A few other things to check, if you haven't done so already... Power cycle your phone.  Check the network settings, just to make sure you are properly connected to PM.

Asside from that, your next course of action would be to send a private message to the moderators team.  Be sure to include your account number and PIN, as well as an explanation of your situation.  Note that they will only be back online at 9:00AM (EST).

Click here to send them a private message.
You can find information regarding the moderators team by following this link.

Lastly, and for future reference, you should always start a new topic for a new issue.  When you put your message at the end of an existing topic, there is a good chance that it will go unnotice, and you will not get the support you need.

Need Help? Let's chat.