cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: NEW: Talk and Text Promo Plan

sharerb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

OK - so I just experienced some ridiculousness via the 611 with Public Mobile regarding this plan.

I am a legacy customer on the 25$ Canada-Wide plan from a long time ago. I was recently offered the option to switch to Koodo, since these "grand-fathered" plans will be increasing 3$ per month.

I had mostly decided I would just pay the extra 3$ per month and stay with Public Mobile... but when I saw this plan become available I thought it is much better for me.

Unfortunately my plan just renewed itself a couple days ago and so I have already "prepaid" for Canada-Wide service for the next month.

Since this promotion is limited time... I would like to schedule a plan change for my next renewal (or i dont even care if I immediately lose access to Canadawide service -- but i refuse to lose access to the already paid for Canadawide service whilst paying again for province wide service, when i just paid for the Canadawide service a few days ago)

When I called the person on the phone told me that this is not possible and that I can only do the plan change immediately and I must pay for the province wide plan for the next 30 days even though i just paid for the Canada-wide plan a couple days ago..

I tried to explain to her - that is ridiculous as this promotion wasn't offered 4 days ago and that I already paid for more service than the new plan would offer me in the next 30 days. I just want to make sure that I have this plan for my next renewal.

She kept arguing that the service is "prepaid" and that its my fault if I already paid and want to change the plan... lol -- so I suppose Public Mobile is more like a "lottery"... if my renewal date happened to be tomorrow I would be able to jump on this promotion, but since it was 4 days ago, i have to forfiet a months payment.... and/or hope that the promotion is still available closer to my next renewal (April 24th) -- which wouldnt even be such a big deal -- except I am calling now  --> it should be a common occurence to have plan changes occur at renewal.

Im hoping someone here can help me - since I think she eventually hung upon my while I was trying to explain how ridiculous it was. I dont care if the plan takes effect immediately or on renewal --> I just dont want to be double charged... Why should I be charged for province wide service if I already paid for Canadawide service...

@Shazia_K @Mary_M - can you please let me know if there is anything you or I can do to resolve this?

9 REPLIES 9

sharerb

so on Tuesday everything looked great in self-serve and there was an indication of the scheduled plan change for April 23rd; however, now, when I log into self serve -- I canot see any indication of the scheduled plan change, but rather I receive a "generic error" when trying to view "Plan Details" 

image.PNG

One thing that did change since Tuesday was that it says my current plan is the $28 plan (since I guess that took effect on April 1st? as opposed to the regular 25$ plan I had been on...

I should be changing to the new promo plan... 81$ for 90 days  (and autopay is enabled on the account + I should have 2 year loyalty tenure -- so ultimately it should be $69 every 90 days I think...)...  Is that error, something that will go away, or when they switched the plans over to the new 28$ plan (in place of the 25$ one) did they overwrite or break my scheduled plan change?

I tried logging out and logging in again -- but I still receive that same error when clicking "Plan Details"

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@thapager wrote:
You have to call because as a legacy account holder you are unable to change the plan yourself even if you wanted to.

@stonechucker note that this explanation from @thapager is correct--people on the legacy plans cannot change their plan themselves in self-serve.  I'm not sure if this is a technical limitation so much as it is a chance for someone from PM to speak to the customer to make sure they understand that leaving a legacy plan means they will no longer have access to phone-based support.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

thapager
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
You have to call because as a legacy account holder you are unable to change the plan yourself even if you wanted to.

I see the Legacy members are being asked to call 611 for the promo.  Why is this?

is there a difference in systems between in-market client system, and the Legacy user system?

i would have thought directing everyone to the in-market plan selector would be the easiest, as the immediate and future date change options are easy to use, as long as you get the choices right.

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

My pleasure @sharerb!

I'm glad to hear everything is now as you wanted it!

Cheers, 

Marie 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

sharerb

I called in again - spoke to someone different and he was able to schedule the plan change for the renewal date without issue. I explained to him the issue I had with the previous representative. He said that perhaps it was because he was a "technical support" staff member and is thus able to do that - whilst the previous representative was only a "sales agent"...

Not sure why I got such different responses across the two similar calls -- but regardless the plan change is scheduled as desired. Thanks for your help! 🙂

MarieHelene_L

Hey @sharerb,

Yes don't worry it is totally possible to schedule a plan change for the next renewal date! I'm sorry about the confusion. 

Don't hesitate to message us if you have any other issues 🙂

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

sharerb

Thanks for your reply --> I will try calling again... 

she seemed pretty certain that she could not schedule a plan change to occur upon renewal and that "the system" would only allow her to make the plan change effective immediately and that I woudl have to pay (forfeiting my payment a few days ago). She told me there is no way around this and that I should call back in closer to my plan renewal (hoping that the promo plan is still available at that time)...

I requested that she make notes on my account indicating that I called to switch to the promo plan upon renewal and that I would then call in closer to renewal but she wouldnt do that... 

It seemed like constant excuses "the system wont let me do that", or "its a prepaid service and there are no refunds etc."..

Anyway, your response has put me at ease --> I'll call them again and let you know.

MarieHelene_L

Hey @sharerb

Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention. I'm very sorry about what you experienced with the customer service agent. I'll be glad to clarify the situation for you 🙂

First of all, rest assured that even if your plan only renews once the promo is over, you will still have access to the promo price! As long as you schedule the plan change before the end of the promo, it is the promo price that will be applied. 

Although, if you would like the new plan to be applied right away, send me a private message with your Public Mobile phone # and I'll see what I can do for you 🙂 

Let me know if everything is clear,

Marie

Need Help? Let's chat.