cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: International Calling Rates

Oumy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Dear,

If I good understand, I have to add more minutes, after that I could to call an another country ?

I would like to call in number France.

With my forfait, I can to receive the call free.

I wait your answers.

Best regards,

Thanks,

Oumy,

15 REPLIES 15

@dannyd wrote:

Does anyone know when Romania will be added to the international minute package, or where the right forum/place to initiate the request is?

The place to post that is the "ideas" forums (Public Lab).  I wouldn't hold my breath that new countries will be added any time soon, but then of course, it depends on the number of people who request it, and also the per minute cost to Public on whether or not it would be feasible.

In the meantime, there are many long distance calling options, that often costs less (especially if calling a landline) than the $15/400 minute rate that Public offers.  All currently available options to you for calling Romania would involve first dialing a calling card number. 

Worldine offers unlimited calls to Romaning but only to Romtelecom and Cosmote customers for $14.95/month

Goldine  2.5 to 4.5 cents per minute

Keepcalling.ca  0.9 to 2.8 cents per minute

The above are just a few random options that I know of but there are also countless long distance calling cards that can be purcahsed from variety stores. 

There are also internet based applications to call numbers in Romanina.  In addition, there are also internet messaging applications that can be used to conduct voice calls, often free if both parties in the call are using the app.

dannyd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does anyone know when Romania will be added to the international minute package, or where the right forum/place to initiate the request is?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @everbamboo, you would not be able to directly dial those companies.

Your best bet is probably to purchase a pre-paid long distance card from a local store (convenience stores sell them, gas stations, and many grocery and pharmacy stores, usually at a customer service desk).  Try to get one that has a local phone number within your province (I"m assuming you're on a province-wide plan) and has a decent price-per-minute to the country(s) you wish to call.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

everbamboo

Hello there, new user here and have a question.

For $15 for 400 min long distance package, I see that "400 minutes to select countries", what if I need to call to a country that it's not on the list? What would happen then? Could I make the call? and what would be the charge?

Thank you.

kb

srlawren

@samsam no.  nothing at PM is. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

samsam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

is the $15 refundable?

srlawren
@samsam correct that the minute do not expire, they stay on your account until completely used up or your account closes, whichever come first. The international rate for any of the included countries is $15 / 400 mins = 3.75 cents per minute, but you have to pre-purchase them in blocks of 400--there is no pay-per-use option. Hopefully that helps?

samsam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

sorry, after reading the post i am confused.

lets say I am in my province (e.g. ontario)  call to France, i can add $15 add on to my plan , any remaining minutes will be transfer to next statement cycle , correct?

and where do i see the the international rates on the website?

srlawren

Much obliged, @Mary_M

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Yes, sure @srlawren !

I will just need to get confirmation before I go ahead and make the changes.

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

srlawren

Thanks @Mary_M!  Can you please add that list to the knowledge base article on the plans and add-ons?  (http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-about-our-Plans-and-Add-ons/ta-p/22...).  I don't see it there.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @srlawren @Luddite and @Oumy

As mentionned, France is included. Here is a list of countries:

Current add-ons 

Add-on Charge Included    

International Long Distance

$15

400 minutes to select countries
(Including Canada and the US)

• China
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Hong Kong
  • India
  • Italy
  • South Korea
  • Malaysia
  • Mexico
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Puerto Rico
  • Singapore
  • Spain
  • Thailand
  • United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales)
  • Venezuela

Cheers!

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

srlawren

@Oumy yes that is correct.  The $15 add-on gives you 400 minutes of international calling.  I'm fairly certain that France is on the list of included countries.

Oumy

Dear Luddite,

Ooooh Genius ! So I can to receive call from France !!

And if I want to call my family or friend to France(cell phone or home), I have to add-on 15 Dollars on my account.

That's it ?

Thank you,

Oumy,

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Oumy Your question is not completely clear to me. If you are a Public Mobile customer you may purchase the international long distance add-on for $15 by logging into your self serve account and clicking "Purchase Add-ons". You can then call France.

Is that what you wish to do?

You do not need that add-on to receive a call from France as long as you are in Canada, or your home province if you have only provincial calling.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.