cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Community Technical Issues

ApatheticFloW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I can't make outgoing calls when I go to dial a number I get a message that displays "not registered on network"

Haven't been able to figure it out. 

Any help or advice would be really appreciated.

I also PM'd the moderator_team

Thx in advance 

6 REPLIES 6

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541 wrote:

@ApatheticFloW wrote:

Was weird actually.

I had to go to settings/Mobile Networks/Access point names and had to add Public Mobile sp.mb.com?j 

Changing APN settings can't fix a calling issue, let alone an outgoing-only calling issue. APN settings do not have anything to do with calling. Further, if this were a network setting issue, your incoming calls wouldn't have been working either.  I believe that this was pure coincidence.

@computergeek541 agreed.  Likely what happened is that the APN edit forced the network stack to reset, which reconnected it.  An airplane off-then-on, or a phone reboot likely would have had the same effect. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@ApatheticFloW wrote:

Was weird actually.

I had to go to settings/Mobile Networks/Access point names and had to add Public Mobile sp.mb.com?j 

Changing APN settings can't fix a calling issue, let alone an outgoing-only calling issue. APN settings do not have anything to do with calling. Further, if this were a network setting issue, your incoming calls wouldn't have been working either.  I believe that this was pure coincidence.

ApatheticFloW

Was weird actually.

Ýýý

⁷7l66⁶ ⁵f

[Weird but true it seems ...... Luddite]

@ApatheticFloW wrote:

Oops sorry for posting in the wrong section of the forums and thank you.

Problem solved.

Guess I was a little quick to post before really taking the time to see if I could do something myself. Glad all is good now.

I'd also like to say keep up the great service pm and all the mods here who do an amazing job dealing with us customers m

That's good to hear. Out of curiosity, was a it a phone setting issue, or did they have to reset something on your account? 

ApatheticFloW

Oops sorry for posting in the wrong section of the forums and thank you.

Problem solved.

Guess I was a little quick to post before really taking the time to see if I could do something myself. Glad all is good now.

I'd also like to say keep up the great service pm and all the mods here who do an amazing job dealing with us customers m

@ApatheticFloW  I've moved the above messsage into a seperate thread as it's not about a website issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.