cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Activation after 2 months

chabov
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good day,

After trying Public Mobile for a month, I allowed payment/service to lapse for around 45 day. 

My original plan (March 2021) was 50$ for unlimited can/usa calling texting, and 8.5 Gb.

I recently decided to renew my service and was given the choice to continue with my previous plan. That is was I chose, however, that is not what I received. The 50$ plan I got only has province wide calling (Ontario). When I tried to change the plan, another 50$ is requested.

Needless to say, I am disappointed and feel cheated as this is not what I wanted and expected when I re-activated my number. Your assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you,

VC

13 REPLIES 13

@Anonymous 

With the new Sonim XP-8 he just "loses" the sim card in Burrard Inlet! There will be another apply rewards manually request after renewal next month as well.....sigh!😐

@BlueB 

Yes since I don't use simple simon it's all in the info you include in the first message sent to the moderators. If you don't include my thank you/review link request reply to the moderators the tasks were completed with messages on my part :

1. Apply rewards manallly : 1
  2. Sim swap : 3
  3. Member complaint : 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BlueB : The gangster bf keeps her busy with all his burner phones getting "lost" in Burrard Inlet. 🙂 So she gets all this practice with the mods. I rarely need them so if it takes a short while, so be it. Or simply, however long it takes...

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That's a great observation, @darlicious, thanks for those numbers!  I agree, spending time on hold, then having them fix it can often take longer than the time we actually sit and send a message or two here, them leaving them to process it!  🙂

@AE_Collector 

While service isn't instant here lately it's been faster than telus' phone support's waiting on hold times. Of three private messages sent this week....from the time the first message sent to time of support request completion :

1. Apply rewards manually : 9 min.
  2. Sim card swap : 40 min
  3. Request to help other member complaining of no response : 60 min.

These are faster than the average wait time for phone support at any other provider. The sim card swap request was sent at 9:45 pm eastern so the moderator stayed late to cmplete my request.

It could be a glitch but also could be that @chabov really was on the Provincial calling plan as there was only service for 30 days before the plan suspended. In any event it can be fixed relatively easily. If @chabov can live with provincial calling for the rest of this 30 day period a plan change to the new $50 plan should be scheduled for the next renewal. Yes on provincial calling for the next 30 days or less BUT the new $50 plan comes with 10.5GB of data, not just 8.5GB. And US calling from Canada is included I believe. If lots of out of province calling is needed then $5 will solve that. But, opening a ticket for a moderator might make things work out better still but be prepared for a bit of a wait as per normal, service isn't instant here. 

AE_Collector

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @chabov 

Just to clarify, did you already attempt to change plans to the 'current' $50 plan which includes 10.5GB per cycle (with auto-pay enabled) PLUS unlimited Canada-wide calling?

I like @Camera4617 initial reply - clear & concise options.

Here’s the process for changing plans, first login to Self Serve to this screen:

Then, click Change Plan:

HALIMACS_0-1621698651275.png

Then select desired Plan:

HALIMACS_1-1621698651390.png

Then choose Change on Next Renewal Date:

HALIMACS_2-1621698651648.png

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@chabov 

Unfortunately, we've seen a lot of system glitches with Public Mobile and this may be one of them.  Since we're users helping users, you'll need to reach out to a Moderator as was already suggested.  Moderators are staff who have direct access to our accounts and can diagnose/fix a lot of stuff none of us have access to!  I imagine they will be able to see a history of your account and hopefully be able to restore how it was previously.

Going through the SIMon chatbot (by clicking on the chat bubble, lower-right corner) is easiest for you to create a ticket, because you can authenticate and link your Public Mobile service account to your ticket.  You can also reach them by messaging them directly, but will still need to authenticate separately:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/22...

The Moderators have been quite helpful and responsive so hopefully they'll be able to clarify and fix this for you.  I'm curious whether this is a "common" issue with lapsed accounts... hopefully not.  Goodluck and let us know how it all goes!  🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dunkman : iirc that failed experiment of the province-wide roll-out did not include US calling in that plan.

But this is a curious situation. How could the OP be on a province-wide now? Or that they didn't actually have US calling before and did indeed have the province-only plan.

@Anonymous 

I just doubled checked:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/New-Province-Wide-Calling-Plans-Limited-Time-Offer-on-Canada/m-p/655479#M48846

You are right 😀.  Thanks. The failed experiment $50 plan only had province wide calling.  It is unusual case then.  

@chabov 

As mentioned....contact the moderators to see if they will be willing to change plans for you. It sounds like you mixed up the process to change your plan and renew. If you had a balance equal to or more than your plan amount you must contact a moderator to change plans for you or the system will automatically renew the "old plan" once you unsuspend your account giving you no opportunity to change the plan yourself. Otherwise when the account is suspended due to no payment you can choose the new plan, add the funds and choose an immediate plan change now.

The moderators should perform your request.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dunkman : iirc that failed experiment of the province-wide roll-out did not include US calling in that plan.

But this is a curious situation. How could the OP be on a province-wide now? Or that they didn't actually have US calling before and did indeed have the province-only plan.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@chabov 

You were likely on the "old" $50 province wide/US calling plan.  You can switch to the present $50 Canada wide/US calling plan at your next renewal (also has extra Data allotment 10 GB).  If you really need Canada wide calling this month, you could try to contact moderator to see whether moderator can change for you.  YMMV.

To contact moderator:

Click on the chat bubble icon on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If I'm reading your post correctly, you have 2 options now.

1. To select new plan on the next renewal. You would be one month with 'province wide' only, but you would not pay double amount for this month

2. To contact moderators and see if they can help you out and change current month into new plan. Just let them know what happen and what you actually wanted.

Hope this helps. 

Need Help? Let's chat.