cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Activating Service After Number Transfer

poorandunlucky
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I recently transfered my number and service to Fizz because of better plans, however, they're having technical difficulties over there, and I'd like to come back with Public Mobile.

I tried to log-in to my account to see how I could re-transfer my number back to Public Mobile, but it's been deleted, so that might, in fact, answer my question and simplify my life, though I just want to make sure about my SIM card...  I just want to make sure it's OK for me to re-use my SIM card that I already have, and that I don't have to get a new one (because $10 is $10 and time is irreplaceable).

Could someone please confirm that I can re-use my SIM card when my Fizz plan comes to an end, and re-transfer my number to Public Mobile through the normal setup process?

Thank you in advance for your time, and your help.

7 REPLIES 7

poorandunlucky
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@austinhuang wrote:

@poorandunlucky wrote:

Hello,

I recently transfered my number and service to Fizz because of better plans, however, they're having technical difficulties over there, and I'd like to come back with Public Mobile.

I tried to log-in to my account to see how I could re-transfer my number back to Public Mobile, but it's been deleted, so that might, in fact, answer my question and simplify my life, though I just want to make sure about my SIM card...  I just want to make sure it's OK for me to re-use my SIM card that I already have, and that I don't have to get a new one (because $10 is $10 and time is irreplaceable).

Could someone please confirm that I can re-use my SIM card when my Fizz plan comes to an end, and re-transfer my number to Public Mobile through the normal setup process?

You can't reuse your SIM card. Sorry. Source: 1, 2.

Thank you very much!  Very professional, much appreciated!  : )

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@poorandunlucky wrote:

Hello,

@poorandunlucky 

You can't use your old one. You can buy it from Walmart or London Drugs too. You can port your old number but it takes time (could be up to 2 days).

EdmondY
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Most likely the account is forever closed and cannot be ever opened again.  Either figure out the issues with Fizz (I mean I heard their rates are awesome!) or eat the cost and get yourself signed up on Public Mobile again.  The referral bonus of $25 does offset some of the cost so it should help something out for you.

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Lieux wrote:

@poorandunlucky wrote:

Hello,

Every account is deleted after 90 days of no payment. Sim number and account are deleted. If it’s not your case you could probably use your SIM card from public mobile. But if you can’t login in your self serve account I suggest to you to write a message to the moderator_team first. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

The number was ported out. I don't think the account can be re-opened.

@Lieux wrote:

Every account is deleted after 90 days of no payment. Sim number and account are deleted. If it’s not your case you could probably use your SIM card from public mobile. But if you can’t login in your self serve account I suggest to you to write a message to the moderator_team first. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

Accounts never get deleted.  They do get closed/cancelled.  There's always a record of them kept.  As for the old sim card, it cannot be used.  When the number was ported out, the account it was associated with was closed.  This sim card can never be used again. 

@poorandunlucky will need to a new sim card open a new account to port the number back in. There's no need to a get a moderator involved.

The process for coming back and transfering your number back to Public Mobile is the same as any other new customer.  I do believe that you willl need to sign up using a different e-mail address this time.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@poorandunlucky wrote:

Hello,

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@poorandunlucky wrote:

Hello,

You can't reuse your SIM card. Sorry. Source: 1, 2.

Need Help? Let's chat.