cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 1 Gb Referral "Welcome Data" bonus SCAM??

MarkTo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just activated an account as well (Dec 19,2017) with the 1GB bonus stated at checkout.  Unfortunately I did not know that this was a previous limited time promo and activated the account solely based on the fact that I would be getting 1GB of data. 

I hope that this can be resolved by either adding the 1GB of data to my account or canceling and refunding my activation.  Public mobile should update their check out process if they do not offer the 1GB bonus any longer.

12 REPLIES 12

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I got my 1 Gb add on bonus this morning after I sent the moderators a private message yesterday! Public Mobile is awesome!

Nsk143

Mod members are alway there to provide quick and reliable help to users. That's why I like pm. 

Lg85

This also happened to me as well. I activiated my Public Mobile account on December 3, 2017, and during the checkout process, it says I am supposed to get a Welcome 1GB data bonus for my plan. I never received the extra 1 GB of data, but I never knew Public Mobile has to honor it. I just sent the moderators a private message and see how it goes. 

Thank you all for this information:)

@srlawrenwrote:

@Rockdaddy22 @will13am @mimmo @NDesai sickening that it hasn't been removed yet.  It's literally been a month since that promo ended.  I don't understand what's going on at PM lately.

Everything is still as usual imho Smiley Wink

"Will look into getting this and let you know when it will be fixed ASAP." Brooke_C

@MarkTo wrote:

The moderator has gotten back to me and added a 1GB data add-on to my account.  Now that I read the original promo the referer was also supposed to get 1GB of data but I didn't know this during checkout so I guess i'm okay with that.

Nice to know that generosity remains a constant, along with the dated advertisements, self serve portal bugs...

MarkTo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The moderator has gotten back to me and added a 1GB data add-on to my account.  Now that I read the original promo the referer was also supposed to get 1GB of data but I didn't know this during checkout so I guess i'm okay with that.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rockdaddy22 @will13am @mimmo @NDesai sickening that it hasn't been removed yet.  It's literally been a month since that promo ended.  I don't understand what's going on at PM lately.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rockdaddy22

Honor it or delete it, I can’t believe it’s been left up there. IMHO the customer should get the data. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

If Public Mobile adheres to the scan code of practice that merchants use, the one gig would be honored as advertised.  @MarkTo, if your discussions with the moderator team does not yield an amicable outcome, you have the right to seek further redress via the CCTS.  You have to try and work things out with the carrier before taking this step.  Your case will not be heard otherwise.

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/

mimmo

If it shows in the process PM should have to honor it.  They have had enough time to fix the issue. And this not the first time this has been brought up since Nov 20.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@MarkTo I have removed the pic from your post as it contains your personal info. Please edit that as this is a public community. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@MarkTo Unfortunately you will need moderator assistance. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number and an explanation.

Good luck.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.