cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rate Plan not as advertised

mikellini
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was on the MobileSyrup rate plan comparison tool and saw a 5GB rate plan for $35, clicked on the link, and then the same plan was $40. What gives?Annotation 2019-02-28 225555.jpg

11 REPLIES 11

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kav2001c wrote:

his is being offered as a Public Mobile POSTPAID plan

Cat LOL

Robot LOLRobot LOLRobot LOL nice catch

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

The link is even funnier when you read the top; this is being offered as a Public Mobile POSTPAID plan

Cat LOL

So at the end, no such plan right?  Its just their way to calculate after bonus/reward etc?

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mikellini although many people use sites like MobileSyrup to get up to date information across the telecommunications industry, however you should not rely completely on this site as they may not update the information regularly, but also they may skew the information and not be completely accurate.  I'm not even sure what plan they could be referring to because the only plan that offers 5GB is the $40 plan (4.5 GB plus 500 MB bonus), so not sure how it went from $40 to $35).  

At the end of the day, PM does not have any connection with MobileSyrup and many other sites such as this, so if you don't see the same offering on the PM site or in this community forum, then take it as being inaccurate information.  This is one of the things a like about PM is there's no hidden plans you gotta find through employee/corporate plans, or some random promo code.  Pretty much just check the forum and you'll know exactly what plans are available.  No hidden secret plan out there.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Wow, I got all excited over nothing. 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@mikellini, unfortunately, sites like MobileSyrup who display these packages are not officially sanctioned by Public Mobile or any of the other carriers.  In fact, these are not 'paid advertisements' by any of the carriers, so relying on the displayed information is not a good idea.

A potential subscriber must do their research, and rely on specific information posted at official websites.  In this case, publicmobile.ca 

mikellini
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I figured it out actually. It's correct, they are just factoring in the $10 deal off the $45 plan. But, and correct me if I'm wrong, the $40 plan is virtually the same and a better deal, so I think I would go with that. Thanks everyone

Whre do you get that image?

what address

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mikellini wrote:

I was on the MobileSyrup rate plan comparison tool and saw a 5GB rate plan for $35, clicked on the link, and then the same plan was $40. What gives?Annotation 2019-02-28 225555.jpg

@mikellini, Public Mobile has one of $40 with 4.5GB. If you sign up for auto pay, you will have extra 0.5 GB. If you sign up for $30 or more plan, there are six months of $10 after tax deduction on your account. It is a good plan if you have high usage in data. 

@mikellini wrote:

This isn't Public Mobile's advertising.  There is no such plan as $35 for 5GB.  This is mistake of that website.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
I've looked at sites like that before and they are always completely inaccurate and out of date, clickbait. It's not really $10 up front either, there's a $10 SIM card you need to buy.
Need Help? Let's chat.