cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RBC promo payment details

Rpellar91
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I recently signed up for public mobile and used the RBC promo for $10 off for 6 months. I setup autopay with an RBC credit card. However, I would like to switch my payment over to a credit card at a different institution. Does anyone know if I'll continue to receive the promo benefit if I do this? Or do I need to keep the RBC card on file?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

@Rpellar91  Tonight is the night of my renewal so I suppose this will be the real lippmsns test for you in regards to the paying with an rbc credit card. But thinking back on the wording of the promo it refers to the initial payment. Despite now updating my payee info with my replacement card my account this cycle will be paid by rewards, credits and the promo and not the credit card. Alternatively  paying with a voucher (maybe one bought at shell with mastercard for the 10% rebate) would have no effect either on the promo being applied going forward.

Rpellar91
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@darlicious wrote:

@popping wrote:

@Rpellar91 

6 months is not a long time.  Wait 6 months before switching cc.

Ok I tell you what I have to change my non rbc stolen card sometime in the next week. The first card I get I will be registering in Auto pay to replace the one that's there. It will be a non rbc card. My renewal is Oct 3rd and I have to top up my account by a few bucks. If anything changes when I change the non rbc card with another non rbc card if anything happens I'll add to this thread.

Oooooooh........the suspense is killing me!!?!

I look forward to hearing what happens Smiley LOL

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Oh just live on the wild side and switch cards if that is what makes sense for other reasons.  I am with @computergeek541 on this one.  Look at it this way, we can put auto pay on and collect the reward for that even if we never draw a wooden nickel from the credit card.  This thing with using a RBC card would only have some sort of sense if there is partnership in the promotion.  I don't think a few Public Mobile customers charging 6 months of service with a RBC card would even result in round off error like margins for the bank. 

@popping wrote:

@Rpellar91 

Ok I tell you what I have to change my non rbc stolen card sometime in the next week. The first card I get I will be registering in Auto pay to replace the one that's there. It will be a non rbc card. My renewal is Oct 3rd and I have to top up my account by a few bucks. If anything changes when I change the non rbc card with another non rbc card if anything happens I'll add to this thread.

Oooooooh........the suspense is killing me!!?!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rpellar91 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Rpellar91 wrote:

Hi, I recently signed up for public mobile and used the RBC promo for $10 off for 6 months. I setup autopay with an RBC credit card. However, I would like to switch my payment over to a credit card at a different institution. Does anyone know if I'll continue to receive the promo benefit if I do this? Or do I need to keep the RBC card on file?

Thanks

@computergeek541  @hairbag1   Despite what these two guys say....I did extensive research before using the rbc promo. I am an rbc client but that is neither here or there. The big risk for me was I didn't want to use my rbc credit card because I did a balance transfer at 0% so charging anything on it screws up the interest and payments so look the leap of faith and used a different card. No problem....so off you can use a non rbc card for the promo I wouldn't worry about Auto pay. In fact in that regard you can use any card with a valid expiry date, over limit, prepaid,low limit you name it....mine is currently stolen because someone stole my purse with all my Id , credit and bank cards. New ones on the way but not changing it in the Auto pay til it gets here. Payee info is secure from prying eyes( in my case as long as I don't use it it's fine...its also on 4 different accounts) pm doesn't know where your card is from. Maybe a number crunchers in a back room could look at the first 4 digits and know the bank issuer otherwise your fine...change the payee.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@hairbag1 

I know about what it says on the Royal Bank website, and what is used to say on the Public Mobile website. The Public Mobile website no longer shows this infromation.

As I was saying, this is really a question of if Public Mobile has ever enforced that requirement.

With all due resspect...until there is an Announcement to the contrary, I'll stick with my suggestion.

@hairbag1 

I know about what it says on the Royal Bank website, and what is used to say on the Public Mobile website. The Public Mobile website no longer shows this infromation.

As I was saying, this is really a question of if Public Mobile has ever enforced that requirement.

Offer details:

*This offer is not transferable. To take advantage of this offer and receive $10 off the first 6 months and a free 5GB data add-on (“Discount”), you must:

1. sign up for a monthly rate plan of $40 or higher with Public Mobile (“Qualifying Plan”) online at https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/RBC-offer between July 2, 2019 and September 30, 2019, inclusively (“Offer Period”);
  2. enter or mention the promotional code “RBCREWARDS” before completing the purchase of your Qualifying Plan;
  3. pay using one of the eligible RBC Royal Bank credit card(s) shown on this page (“Eligible RBC Credit Card”). This offer cannot be combined or used in conjunction with any other offer, and cannot be applied retroactively to previous plan purchases.

@hairbag1 wrote:

If you change cards now, you'll likely forfeit any remaining promo. You can pay with a retail available payment voucher but just leave the RBC card for your promo.

This assumes that Public Mobile was ever strict about this condition. Currently, the Public Mobile website lists no such requirement for this promo. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/RBC-offer

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

If you change cards now, you'll likely forfeit any remaining promo. You can pay with a retail available payment voucher but just leave the RBC card for your promo. When promo is over, then change cards.

Need Help? Let's chat.