cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about the current $40 plan

moonlight
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I see that the $40 is listed as 30 days. Does this mean that this deal is only available for 30 days and the prices will change after?
I currently have the same plan minus the +500 MB of free data with autopay, and I've been with Public Mobile for a few months with autopay. Would I be able to switch to this deal? 

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

bill_103
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So once you have started a plan you sorta grandfathered into it. After 30days it will still be the same price and should remain that way as long as your account does not get suspended or as long as you keep paying your bill. However new deals are coming out all the time and some are pretty great so keep an eye out.

Good luck with your new plan 🙂

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

One of the best features of Public Mobile is you can change to any currently available plan on the fly.  You can even future date the plan for your next month so you do not lose your current plan, and the money spent on that. 

Minor downside is the plan you are interested in now, might not be available next month.  If the plan does disappear, if you are still on it, you can keep it till you change plans.   

@moonlight wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Would I be able to switch to this deal just for the +500 MB from my current plan? 

If you have AutoPay enabled, yes. You can do it directly from your self-serve account. Make sure to click Change on next renewal button instead of change now so it renews on your next renewal date. 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@moonlight Public Mobile used 30 day renewals instead of 1 month. Prices will not change after the 30 days is up. Yes, you can switch to any plan whenever you want. I would suggest making sure when you change plans to have it change on your renewal date instead of immediately. If you change immediately you have to pay the full price right away, even if you only renewed your plan a few days ago.

@moonlight wrote:

I currently have the same plan minus the +500 MB of free data with autopay, and I've been with Public Mobile for a few months with autopay. Would I be able to switch to this deal? 

You can definitely get the data bonus if you have autopay enabled.  I do not know if you have an older version of a $40 plan that did not have the autopay data bonus built-in.  If it is one of the older $40 plan from before Public Mobile started making that offer, you'll to do a plan change.  If/when you do that, be sure to tell Public Mobile's self-serve system to make the change effective at the time that your old plan would have otherwise renewed.  Don't make the plan change take effect right away:  you don't want that.

moonlight
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the reply. Would I be able to switch to this deal just for the +500 MB from my current plan? 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@moonlight  The price will remain the same even after 30 days. 

Need Help? Let's chat.