cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on the $15 plan

ryanan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The $15 plan come with "100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk". Once these 100 minutes are used up, will one of these add-on be used, "Free 1000 CAN LD mins", or "$0 Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance"?

34 REPLIES 34

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@ryanan wrote:

The $15 plan come with "100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk". Once these 100 minutes are used up, will one of these add-on be used, "Free 1000 CAN LD mins", or "$0 Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance"?

@Jb456 

From another thread with moderator response.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/What-order-are-add-ons-used/m-p/613624

I have a public mobile account from a flash sale with 2GB of data and unlimited minutes.  Actually it's 1GB of data, 500MB of autopay bonus data, and 500MB of data from the flash sale when I signed up.  I have also gotten some bonus data from the Holiday Give-away and a couple of others.  It says this month I've used more than 1.5GB of data (which pretty much never happens) but rather than using the 500 MB from the flash sale it's using the holiday bonus!  The flash sale resets every month where the bonus ones carry forward each month.  How do I get this to change so it doesn't use my roll over data?  Otherwise the 500MB flash data is useless unless I first use up all the promotions (and any other data I've bought, but I haven't bought any add-ons).  Please see the attached image.

F4977461-A960-4F13-B3B6-F9DBADBE3DF2.png

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Re: What order are add-ons used?

So I received back from the Moderator:

The order of consumption is the following:

- the units included in the rate plan

- any one-time add-on activated on the account from the most recent to the oldest one (for example if you have one added in September and one added in October, it will be consumed the one from October first, because it's the most recent)

- any add-on that is renewing from month to month from the most recent activated to the oldest one

So if I read this correctly then my 2GB plan drops to a 1.5GB plan until all of the add-on data is used up.  Not exactly what I expected.

[Luddite approved 😎]

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ryanan  Yes, the 1000 minutes will be used first and once they are used up the 500 holiday giveaway minutes will be used.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@ryanan  You're correct!

If you deplete your 100 outgoing minutes. Then the add-on will kick in. I would say it will be the 1000 can LD minutes first as that's the older add-on plus it's only Canada calling minutes..the other one also includes international minutes so system would use Canada minutes first.

Then once your plan renews and you get back your 100 30day minutes. They will be used first and the add-ons will sit in the background waiting for next time to be used.

Keep in mind calling voicemail uses minutes and all calls are billed by minutes not seconds.

To bypass the minutes and listen to your voicemail for free. You can call your voicemail from another phone. Call your cell number and when your voicemail starts to play press star and enter your voicemail password.

Or download the app called Textnow.

See link below about textnow.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/How-to-15-plan-Check-Voicemail-Free-Textnow...

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Either one of these add-ons would be used. Just a quick note, that calls are billed by minute.
Need Help? Let's chat.