cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on the $15 plan

ryanan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The $15 plan come with "100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk". Once these 100 minutes are used up, will one of these add-on be used, "Free 1000 CAN LD mins", or "$0 Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance"?

34 REPLIES 34

ve3zt

I think I got it right. I'll check back on the 24th for a look at the new plan. That's a steal. 9$, unless that will change on Jan 23, 2021.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That link will only work if one is logged in to ones account. I'm not.

Anyway...Log in, you're on the overview page, scroll down to see the Purchase Add-ons button. Click on it to go to purchasing add-ons. Scroll down to see all the add-ons. Click the + next to the $0 items. Scroll down to Buy Add-on.

ve3zt

@ve3zt wrote:

I did the change. Says I'll pay 9$.

"Once you claim them, they stay in your account, for your use, until you use them up...even if that takes several months or longer."

How do I do that?

Go into the plan and add-on purchase section. The free add-ons are in there.

ve3zt

I did the change. Says I'll pay 9$.

"Once you claim them, they stay in your account, for your use, until you use them up...even if that takes several months or longer."

How do I do that?

@ve3zt...while you're at it...make sure to claim your 500 minutes of International Calling add-on AND your 2GB of data add-on...both a FREE, but only until end of Dec. Once you claim them, they stay in your account, for your use, until you use them up...even if that takes several months or longer.

Happy Holidays  😷

@ve3zt wrote:

Good idea. earlier tonight it did list available plans in the white box, but it's empty now.

"I be back"

Try using Incognito/private browsing mode, this usually works. 

ve3zt

Good idea. earlier tonight it did list available plans in the white box, but it's empty now.

"I be back"

@ve3zt wrote:

OK. Am having trouble changing plan. It's not listed on available plans, and keeps wanting me to log in. Will keep trying.

This sounds like the no plan shown bug. Wait until the plan information shows again before trying to change the plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ve3zt wrote:

When I click "change plan" there are no options listed. It keeps wanting me to log in. I've logged out and logged back in. No joy.

Maybe try another browser or use incognito/privacy mode or clear cache/site cookies and look again. But also sometimes the site gets a little confused. Give it another little while and check again. You have lots of time for before the 23rd.

ve3zt

When I click "change plan" there are no options listed. It keeps wanting me to log in. I've logged out and logged back in. No joy.

ve3zt

OK. Am having trouble changing plan. It's not listed on available plans, and keeps wanting me to log in. Will keep trying.

@ve3zt wrote:

Or should I change to the 15$ plan, and let PM do it's magic automatically, as they do for the 90$ plan? I'll stay on Autopay.

Set the plan change to next renewal. If you do an immediate change, you lose the rest of the money you paid for the $90 plan and the new plan would start now.

ve3zt

Or should I change to the 15$ plan, and let PM do it's magic automatically, as they do for the 90$ plan? I'll stay on Autopay.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@ve3zt wrote:

I got a email from PM that 90$ is due on the 23rd.
I think I'll change plan now, pay the 15$ (maybe put in 20$ for tax). If they dump me, can I come back here and someone will fix?

Regards, Paul.

If any problems with you plan change contact a moderator.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

ve3zt

I got a email from PM that 90$ is due on the 23rd.
I think I'll change plan now, pay the 15$ (maybe put in 20$ for tax). If they dump me, can I come back here and someone will fix?

Regards, Paul.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ve3zt wrote:

I have been paying via Mastercard. So if I just change to the 15$ plan, will the correct amound be debit?
I have been using Autopay.

Also, I see my profile say I have been a customer since 2020. Actually, I've been around since 2016-ish. Perhaps long.

It's generally suggested to deposit the whole amount of the original plan to avoid a possible persistent bug in the autopay. But 90 bucks is a lot to deposit. That would be 6 months of pre-pay. It _should_ only take the new amount but there have been reports...

Where do you see "customer since"?

Check your pm again.

@ve3zt wrote:

I have been paying via Mastercard. So if I just change to the 15$ plan, will the correct amound be debit?

Also, I see my profile say I have been a customer since 2020. Actually, I've been around since 2016-ish. Perhaps long.

Sadly, while this is not supposed to happen, service sometimes get cut off during plans changes. When that happens, the theory is that the system is looking for the fees from the higher priced plan (although the proper amount gets charged). Occassionally, some customers have to apply a top up for the difference in price between the lower and higher priced plans, or have the moderators fix the account.  That's a worst case thing though, and you should be fine.

ve3zt

Regards, Paul.

@ve3zt wrote:

Ya, I know that. What's the bottom line on the 15$ plan? Plus tax? I wan't to deposit correct amount into my account. Thank you.

When you make a top up to your account, the tax gets added to the card that you charged. So, a $15 top up will costs $15+tax.   A $15 plan requires a $15 top up (or $13 if you have autopay enabled).

ve3zt

Ya, I know that. What's the bottom line on the 15$ plan? Plus tax? I wan't to deposit correct amount into my account. Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ve3zt wrote:

I'm about to change from the 3-month 90$ plan to the 15$ plan.

Realize though that you can't go back. Once you change out of a plan that is no longer offered, you can't go back.

ve3zt

I'm about to change from the 3-month 90$ plan to the 15$ plan.

Yasehtor

I am on the $15 plan.  Most of my calls are incoming.  It's great that they are free!

@pmmobile wrote:

@ryanan 

Adding onto @Jb456  's idea about voicemail: you can also call 778-580-4001 (PM's voicemail service) and enter your number and password to access messages. It may be useful when it is not convenient for your phone to ring or when checking voicemall using another phone that has limited minutes since it is slightly faster. 

And adding onto the add-on here are is a list of all currently known voicemail access numbers across Canada, if a local number is preferable to avoid LD charges from a landline, etc:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ryanan 

Adding onto @Jb456  's idea about voicemail: you can also call 778-580-4001 (PM's voicemail service) and enter your number and password to access messages. It may be useful when it is not convenient for your phone to ring or when checking voicemall using another phone that has limited minutes since it is slightly faster. 

@JoyLuck 

This has happened before

Something about of order at which they are added

You should contact moderators about it they can fix it

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Canadian ld minutes will be used first for talking to Canada, only after that is used up us/can(old) will kick in and once you used that up if you have any, international will be used

@Jb456 

Thank you for the explanation.

@JoyLuck  I don't really have a comment on that one. Just quickly looking at the screen shot posted. Looks to me that all 30 day plan data 1.5 +500 was all used up. 

I can only go by my old plan when I was on the 1 gig long time ago.(which is still same plan today)  It was 500mb and if you added auto-pay for 500mb bonus.

These did not appear as two seperate lines of data. 

It appeared something like 500mb + bonus 500mb =1024.

So that op. Likely is a bit confused in their statement saying I loose out my 500mb plan bonus data because of these add-ons. It probably says something like. 1.5gigs+500mb =2048

And they used it all up.

As for Data add-ons being used maybe they work in different order as they're just data add-ons. So if it's the newest add-on that starts to be used first or the oldest does not really make a difference. It's just a data add-on.

For this OPs case since his question was about calling minutes. The system would not technically use a more worthy add-on (International calling) for a Canadian call when they have 1000 long distance Canada minutes.

The system would use those minutes first and not touch the 500 Intl one unless the OP calls on Int'l number.

A quick example.

If he talked 30 minutes to a Canada number. Then 30 minutes to a USA number.

Then 1000 Canada LS would have 970 minutes left. 

The 500 international would have 470 left.

System won't use an international add-on whether it has been on the account for years or just brand new gift for the holidays if there is another add-on sitting there that is Canada wide minutes.

Same would go for $5 for 500 Canada wide minutes that many have and 500 international gift minutes. No matter how many times you call a Canadian number system will use the 500 Canada wide minutes and not touch the international minute's unless all other minutes have been depleted or you call Int'l.

If that makes sense. 

Need Help? Let's chat.