cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Question on the $15 plan

The $15 plan come with "100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk". Once these 100 minutes are used up, will one of these add-on be used, "Free 1000 CAN LD mins", or "$0 Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance"?

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
Mayor / Maire

Re: Question on the $15 plan

@ryanan  You're correct!

If you deplete your 100 outgoing minutes. Then the add-on will kick in. I would say it will be the 1000 can LD minutes first as that's the older add-on plus it's only Canada calling minutes..the other one also includes international minutes so system would use Canada minutes first.

Then once your plan renews and you get back your 100 30day minutes. They will be used first and the add-ons will sit in the background waiting for next time to be used.

Keep in mind calling voicemail uses minutes and all calls are billed by minutes not seconds.

To bypass the minutes and listen to your voicemail for free. You can call your voicemail from another phone. Call your cell number and when your voicemail starts to play press star and enter your voicemail password.

Or download the app called Textnow.

See link below about textnow.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/How-to-15-plan-Check-Voicemail-Free-Textnow...

View solution in original post

All Replies
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Either one of these add-ons would be used. Just a quick note, that calls are billed by minute.
Mayor / Maire

@ryanan  You're correct!

If you deplete your 100 outgoing minutes. Then the add-on will kick in. I would say it will be the 1000 can LD minutes first as that's the older add-on plus it's only Canada calling minutes..the other one also includes international minutes so system would use Canada minutes first.

Then once your plan renews and you get back your 100 30day minutes. They will be used first and the add-ons will sit in the background waiting for next time to be used.

Keep in mind calling voicemail uses minutes and all calls are billed by minutes not seconds.

To bypass the minutes and listen to your voicemail for free. You can call your voicemail from another phone. Call your cell number and when your voicemail starts to play press star and enter your voicemail password.

Or download the app called Textnow.

See link below about textnow.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/How-to-15-plan-Check-Voicemail-Free-Textnow...

View solution in original post

Mayor / Maire

@ryanan  Yes, the 1000 minutes will be used first and once they are used up the 500 holiday giveaway minutes will be used.

Mayor / Maire

@ryanan wrote:

The $15 plan come with "100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk". Once these 100 minutes are used up, will one of these add-on be used, "Free 1000 CAN LD mins", or "$0 Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance"?

@Jb456 

From another thread with moderator response.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/What-order-are-add-ons-used/m-p/613624

I have a public mobile account from a flash sale with 2GB of data and unlimited minutes.  Actually it's 1GB of data, 500MB of autopay bonus data, and 500MB of data from the flash sale when I signed up.  I have also gotten some bonus data from the Holiday Give-away and a couple of others.  It says this month I've used more than 1.5GB of data (which pretty much never happens) but rather than using the 500 MB from the flash sale it's using the holiday bonus!  The flash sale resets every month where the bonus ones carry forward each month.  How do I get this to change so it doesn't use my roll over data?  Otherwise the 500MB flash data is useless unless I first use up all the promotions (and any other data I've bought, but I haven't bought any add-ons).  Please see the attached image.

F4977461-A960-4F13-B3B6-F9DBADBE3DF2.png

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Re: What order are add-ons used?

So I received back from the Moderator:

The order of consumption is the following:

- the units included in the rate plan

- any one-time add-on activated on the account from the most recent to the oldest one (for example if you have one added in September and one added in October, it will be consumed the one from October first, because it's the most recent)

- any add-on that is renewing from month to month from the most recent activated to the oldest one

So if I read this correctly then my 2GB plan drops to a 1.5GB plan until all of the add-on data is used up.  Not exactly what I expected.

[Luddite approved 😎]

Mayor / Maire

@JoyLuck  I don't really have a comment on that one. Just quickly looking at the screen shot posted. Looks to me that all 30 day plan data 1.5 +500 was all used up. 

I can only go by my old plan when I was on the 1 gig long time ago.(which is still same plan today)  It was 500mb and if you added auto-pay for 500mb bonus.

These did not appear as two seperate lines of data. 

It appeared something like 500mb + bonus 500mb =1024.

So that op. Likely is a bit confused in their statement saying I loose out my 500mb plan bonus data because of these add-ons. It probably says something like. 1.5gigs+500mb =2048

And they used it all up.

As for Data add-ons being used maybe they work in different order as they're just data add-ons. So if it's the newest add-on that starts to be used first or the oldest does not really make a difference. It's just a data add-on.

For this OPs case since his question was about calling minutes. The system would not technically use a more worthy add-on (International calling) for a Canadian call when they have 1000 long distance Canada minutes.

The system would use those minutes first and not touch the 500 Intl one unless the OP calls on Int'l number.

A quick example.

If he talked 30 minutes to a Canada number. Then 30 minutes to a USA number.

Then 1000 Canada LS would have 970 minutes left. 

The 500 international would have 470 left.

System won't use an international add-on whether it has been on the account for years or just brand new gift for the holidays if there is another add-on sitting there that is Canada wide minutes.

Same would go for $5 for 500 Canada wide minutes that many have and 500 international gift minutes. No matter how many times you call a Canadian number system will use the 500 Canada wide minutes and not touch the international minute's unless all other minutes have been depleted or you call Int'l.

If that makes sense. 

Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 

Thank you for the explanation.

Mayor / Maire

Canadian ld minutes will be used first for talking to Canada, only after that is used up us/can(old) will kick in and once you used that up if you have any, international will be used

Mayor / Maire

@JoyLuck 

This has happened before

Something about of order at which they are added

You should contact moderators about it they can fix it

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ryanan 

Adding onto @Jb456  's idea about voicemail: you can also call 778-580-4001 (PM's voicemail service) and enter your number and password to access messages. It may be useful when it is not convenient for your phone to ring or when checking voicemall using another phone that has limited minutes since it is slightly faster. 

Need Help? Let's chat.