cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on US data roaming?

Reco
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Could I just buy US data roaming add-on without buy voice and text roaming add-on? Does it work smoothly? My wife is going to US and she only needs data? Has anyone experienced any issues with this?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good that it worked out. 

Acekiller

Good to see that it worked out well for you.  Hopefully it will be a smooth transition when your roaming is over.

Reco
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

An update: my wife landed at the US airport and data roaming started working right away.

Good job PM!

WearySky

@Shutdown wrote:

You should just unlock your phone and buy a local plan in US in that case imo.

Depends on how long you're going for and how much data you need.  For 10 days or less and if you can live with up to 1GB of data, it makes way more sense to just go with a PM roaming plan.  For longer trips, yes, it likely makes more sense to get a local sim.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @Reco,

Here is a feedback post by someone else who recently used the data only add-on while roaming in the US:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/U-S-Roaming-has-arrived/m-p/155889/highl...

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Reco yes you can buy just a data add-on.  They come in 250MB, 500MB, or 1GB amounts.  They start as soon as you purchase the add-on, and expire at midnight eastern time of the 10th day (with the day you purchase being day 1, reardless of the time of day).  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You should just unlock your phone and buy a local plan in US in that case imo.

Need Help? Let's chat.