cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for Koodo Offer Switchers

Freddyfaz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Question for any PM users that took Koodo's offer:

I attempted to use the promo code on Koodo's checkout. It would not let me complete because I had chosen a phone with a small tab that had a reduced price. My options were to choose either the PM promo code or the reduced phone with a regularly price plan (which sucked).

Has anyone else encountered this?

11 REPLIES 11

@Freddyfaz wrote:

Thanks will13am - That's exactly the info I was looking for!

@Freddyfaz, have you secured a referral for migration to Koodo?  If not, I would be more than happy to assist.  Just send me a PM.  

Freddyfaz

Thanks will13am - That's exactly the info I was looking for!

Freddyfaz

Last month I received the $35 2gb offer but had just renewed for 90 days. Yesterday I got the $30 for 1gb offer to go to Koodo that other people said they received last month. This time offer expiry is May 31st.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

there's another new offer?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I can offer my own migration experience here.  It seems like ordering a phone and getting a plan at the same time doesn't work that well online.  So, the solution is to order the service and once activation is complete, go back and order a phone.  Once there is a line available in the account, it is easy to attach the phone order to that line.  By the way, this two step process is what you want to do phone purchase anyway.  The phone offers available to "existing" customers is typically way better. 

Edit:   As an example, for my account I can purchase the Samsung A8 today for $0 up front on medium tab ($15 x 24 payments) with $75 bill credit on next bill.  This is based on being an existing customer.  The website shows the A8 costing $150 up front on a  medium tab with no bill credit.  Savings is huge.

@Freddyfaz wrote:

I tried that. Cleared my basket, then put in the offer code. It showed me the plan I received via text($30 for 1 gb, $100 bonus etc). Then tried a phone again on with a small tab (which was mentioned in the text), and again got the message I could only choose 1 promotion. Just wondering if any previous users had this or if it's a new limitation on migrating.

Not sure then Freddy, when I migrated my wife over with the Offer for the Fall promo people I was able to get the plan promo and a tab.  As suggested the Koodo forum is a good place for this question or even calling into them and asking a rep over the phone.  Let us know what you find out so we can pass the information on to others who may have the same issue.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

LEGO

Maybe you should also try to post in Koodo Community, so that people who already switched carriers could enlighten you…

Freddyfaz

I tried that. Cleared my basket, then put in the offer code. It showed me the plan I received via text($30 for 1 gb, $100 bonus etc). Then tried a phone again on with a small tab (which was mentioned in the text), and again got the message I could only choose 1 promotion. Just wondering if any previous users had this or if it's a new limitation on migrating.

Freddyfaz

Respectfully - Don't need the link to a moderator - I'm asking for someone who transferred a line to Koodo for their experience. If that's not you - PLEASE don't reply...

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Freddyfaz wrote:

Question for any PM users that took Koodo's offer:

I attempted to use the promo code on Koodo's checkout. It would not let me complete because I had chosen a phone with a small tab that had a reduced price. My options were to choose either the PM promo code or the reduced phone with a regularly price plan (which sucked).

Has anyone else encountered this?

Did you try and do it with the Medium Tab?  Other option would be to do the transfer without a Tab.  Then go back in and pick a phone on Tab at a later time.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

meocon

You should contact Mod or Koodo rep about that. 

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

How long until a moderator replies?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

Need Help? Let's chat.