cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about upgrading plan

iphillips77
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good evening,

I’m currently on the $50 8.5gb plan, and have just put in a switch to the $60 8.5gb + 2gb roaming plan.

My plan was set to renew on the 11th, which is tomorrow. My account page tells me that my plan is scheduled to change over on the 12th.  I requested the change today, the 10th. 

How is this going to work?  My fear is that I’ll be charged $50 on the 11th, and another $60 on the 12th. I hope this is not the case?

Any clarification would be appreciated!  Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

@iphillips77 wrote:

I didn’t schedule an immediate plan change.

My ‘overview’ page currently shows my payment due date as tomorrow, the 11th, but is showing payment due for my next cycle as being $50. 

My ‘plan and add ons’ page shows my current plan, and then beneath that, ‘future dated plan changes’, showing that my base plan switches to the $60 plan on the 12th.

Hence why I’m worried about being charged twice. 

I find the amount that shows owing for your next renewal is always based on your current plan and doesn’t reflect the adjusted amount owing when you have a plan changed scheduled. 

You're good to go....

Terry

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@iphillips77 It is fine and you won't get charged twice based on your information. 

iphillips77

I’ve just made a payment in advance.  I very much appreciate the advice — thanks for the responses everyone.

@iphillips77 wrote:

My ‘overview’ page currently shows my payment due date as tomorrow, the 11th, but is showing payment due for my next cycle as being $50. 

My ‘plan and add ons’ page shows my current plan, and then beneath that, ‘future dated plan changes’, showing that my base plan switches to the $60 plan on the 12th.

@iphillips77  Everything looks normal. If you're worried you can make a one time payment to your account for $60 from your credit card on file just to eliminate any possible issues with AutoPay.

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Ward of advice, withdraw $(60-rewards) right away, autopay may fail.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@iphillips77 wrote:

You won't be charged twice.

iphillips77

Anonymous
Not applicable

@iphillips77 wrote:

Good evening,

I’m currently on the $50 8.5gb plan, and have just put in a switch to the $60 8.5gb + 2gb roaming plan.

My plan was set to renew on the 11th, which is tomorrow. My account page tells me that my plan is scheduled to change over on the 12th.  I requested the change today, the 10th. 

How is this going to work?  My fear is that I’ll be charged $50 on the 11th, and another $60 on the 12th. I hope this is not the case?

It sounds like you did an immediate plan change. So now your new term starts.

You've in effect forfeited 2 days of paid value. If that's no problem for you then you're good to go.

Otherwise it would have been preferable to schedule the plan change for your renewal.

Not likin' the placeholder there ShawnC13.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Don’t worry, that won’t happen. It shows next payment due on the 11th for your plan which starts it’s next 30 days on the 12th. You requested the change “at next renewal”, correct? This is the key to when your new plan begins, either immediately in which case you may have forfeited a day or two left on the old plan or if you requested at next renewal it sounds like ealybon the morning of the 12th. 

Terry

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@iphillips77 wrote:

Good evening,

If you requested an immediate plan change it should show that your new plan as active in your self serve and account overview page.  Check to see that your new plan is actually the one that is active.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.