cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the Koodo Deal

JeremyMac
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey everyone,

I realize this might not belong here, but I thought I'd ask anyway. 

I got the text message offering 8gb for $40 with Koodo, but part of the plan has me confused. It says it gives a $15 per month discount for 12 months. Is that on top of the 40 dollars? So the $40 would become $25 for the first year, and then switch back to 40 after that? 

Or does it mean that after a year, the $40 becomes $55?

Thanks,

10 REPLIES 10

cza
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi friend

Best option

primary member:

unlimted talk + international text - 4 GB - 45 $ ( 10$ discounted)

and second line for the family member

500 minutes talk ( free after 5 PM and Weekends) + unlimted international text - 4 GB +2 GB (bonus)- 40 $ ( 15$ discounted)

Third line for the family member

500 minutes talk ( free after 5 PM and Weekends) + unlimted international text - 4 GB +2 GB (bonus)- 40 $ ( 15$ discounted)

Go for the best now

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It's a good deal and worth switching over for if you are eligible. 

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dtran3 wrote:

I also got the plan and was thinking of moving over. My brother is also with PM, I was wondering if there's a way to transfer my referrals to his account, or move his number to my plan as I have more referrals than he does?

Thanks!

You'll need to lose your phone number.

You can't keep the phone number if you transfer your brothers number into your account.

dtran3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I also got the plan and was thinking of moving over. My brother is also with PM, I was wondering if there's a way to transfer my referrals to his account, or move his number to my plan as I have more referrals than he does?

Thanks!

ottawa

When I did a dry run on moving to Koodo, the extra $15 said "after tax". So I guess if your bill is $40+tax ($45.20 in ON), the net would be $30.20. It looked like it would work with no, small, and medium tab, but I didn't dig too much as I decided to stick with PM (still cheaper because of loyalty discount, autopay discount, leaving unpaid for 60-80 days a year when not using, and not least because 4.5GB is enough for me :).

But it's a very generous offer if you can use it.

=aw

Keljai
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The plan is small and medium tab eligible. According to the lengthy Redflagdeal forum you'll be receiving $15 for 12 months. The offer is only for selected individuals with specific plans.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JeremyMac wrote:

Hey everyone,

I realize this might not belong here, but I thought I'd ask anyway. 

I got the text message offering 8gb for $40 with Koodo, but part of the plan has me confused. It says it gives a $15 per month discount for 12 months. Is that on top of the 40 dollars? So the $40 would become $25 for the first year, and then switch back to 40 after that? 

Or does it mean that after a year, the $40 becomes $55?

Thanks,

Your monthly payment depends on whether you are getting a new phone with tab from Koodo.  Koodo tab is a interest free, 24 months, loan from Koodo for you to buy a new phone.  If you get a small tab($240), your monthly tab(load) payment is $10 per month.

Koodo monthly payment = plan cost + tab payment.

For the first 12 month plan payment is $25.  After the first year, your plan payment is $40.

If you get a new phone with a small tab, your monthly tab payment is $10

If you get a new phone with a medium tab, your monthly tab payment is $15

After 24 months, no more tab payment.  You are left with $40 monthly plan payment if Koodo does not raise the price of your plan.

You cannot get large or extra large tab for signing up a $40 plan.

Koodo has a seasonal hold plan at $15/month.  This plan is for people going on long vacation outside Canada.  It is similar to not renewing your PM plan.  You still own your phone number while you are on vacation.  Please note that you will not get back your $40/8GB plan back after seasonal hold.  You need to pick a market plan available at that time.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yes 25 for the first year, but the way I read it was that is only if you bring your own device. If you get a new phone with them I am not sure if you would get the 180 credit.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@JeremyMac

The $15 x 12 months credit is separate.  You will still have $40 per month after one year.  That is one reason this deal is super popular now.  Check out the RFD thread.....  

Shutdown

Should be $25 for the year then $40.

Need Help? Let's chat.