cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about data

Dovilis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

My plan was renewed today. I have $25 plan, which includes 500 MB+500 MB and 1 GB promo.

When I logged in, I can see that 500 mb = 500 mb data is at zero as it should be, however 1 GB promo says that I used 932 MB already. How come? I haven't used any data in the new cycle. I have included a snapshot. Thanks everyone1.JPG

12 REPLIES 12

@Dovilis 

Welcome to the community! How long have you been a public mobile customer? Im wondering how long you've had that promo 1gb data add on. Did you win it? Or is it from last august when everybody got a freebie from pm? Did you get the holiday promos from pm? Im just trying to determine how much extra data you use over your plan data every month.

You might have received a targeted text offer from public mobile the other day giving you the opportunity to add 2gb of plan data for only $10 turning your plan into a 3gb plan for $35. A pretty good deal but you only have a few more days to decide and text back your answer YES35.

If you've had that promo data add on since last august then you probably only go over your plan data 100mb - 200mb per 30 days. Enabling the data saver in your phone, setting the data tracker, going thru your apps to check their usage and turning the background data off on almost all of them will clean up any data seepage your having and keep you under your 1gb of plan data.

Purchasing the 1gb data add on at half price for $15 as suggested by @kselmak  as a little insurance for those months you need a little more makes good economic sense. It will remain on your account for six months or more based on your usage. Averaged it would adding maybe an extra $1.50 - $2 per month to your "bill". This can be done by adding $15 to your account and then selecting and purchasing it on the plans and add ons page in your account.

@Dovilis  thanks for the solution but there was better advice given from others on your original question.  @hairbag1  picked up on it being the add-on and not your plan data I think that is a better solution.  I will remove the one you gave me and allow you to pick the one you feel is deserved

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Dovilis

Thanks!

@Dovilis wrote:

oh, so 1 gb promo was just a one time thing, it wasn't 1 gb per month promo?

That is correct it was a gift from PM once it has been used ( as a backup when you use up all your plan data) it will be gone

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Dovilis

oh, so 1 gb promo was just a one time thing, it wasn't 1 gb per month promo?

@Dovilis wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Can you make it simple for me- do I have 2 gb to use or do I have just 1.1 Gb to use? I thought once your plan is renewed, you should have both start at zero and have 2 gb to use for that cycle?

You have 1.1GB of usage.  Only the included data in the plan resets.  The add-on data counter does not reset; it only counts up until all of it is used up.  

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Dovilis 

It looks like 1g/30 days doesn't match your needs.

Since you didn't even notice this until now you are probably using just a bit above your plan data.

Best is to check your phone data tracking if you are using Android phone, to confirm this.

If I was in your shoes I would get at least one 1g add-on now while it's on 50%sale. It will take you far as it doesn't expire and you won't need to upgrade

Dovilis

Thanks for the reply. Can you make it simple for me- do I have 2 gb to use or do I have just 1.1 Gb to use? I thought once your plan is renewed, you should have both start at zero and have 2 gb to use for that cycle?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Dovilis the promo was used before your plan was renewed. Check your usage history. It only expires when used up. Stay safe. Welcome to the community.  

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Dovilis wrote:

Hi everyone,

My plan was renewed today. I have $25 plan, which includes 500 MB+500 MB and 1 GB promo.

When I logged in, I can see that 500 mb = 500 mb data is at zero as it should be, however 1 GB promo says that I used 932 MB already. How come? I haven't used any data in the new cycle. I have included a snapshot. Thanks everyone

Edited post @hairbag1  great catch I overlooked that is was an add-on and not the plan data

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Dovilis wrote:

Hi everyone,

When I logged in, I can see that 500 mb = 500 mb data is at zero as it should be, however 1 GB promo says that I used 932 MB already. How come? I haven't used any data in the new cycle. I have included a snapshot. Thanks everyone1.JPG

Sometime in the past, you went over on your regular data and the Promo data got tapped until your plan renewed.

Need Help? Let's chat.