cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Data Add-On

frgreyes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I used up my monthly data allowance a week before my plan renews. If I topped up with a 1 GB add-on right now, will the remaining unused data from this 1 GB be added to my next month's plan or will I lose the unused data once the plan renews in a week?

9 REPLIES 9

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wetcoaster wrote:

@popping wrote:

@frgreyes wrote:

Hi! I'm with the $40/month plan with 4.5 GB and unlimited calling. So to confirm: if I load 1 Gb through an add-on, I don't lose unused data once my plan renews? 

Correct.  All add-ons, except the US roaming add-ons, do not expire.  All unused data or minutes will be roll over to next cycle(s) until all data or minutes in your add-on are used.

If you are on autopay, you can schedule plan change at your next renewal date for the $40 4.5GB + 500MB autopay bonus data.  You need to schedule the change before that offer expires on April 22.

My line of thought was that, since the op is out of data, that they could change to the upgraded version right away - the system treats it as a different plan.

All that is assuming that they are a) on auto pay and b) didn't take advantage of the bonus data by doing aPlan change earlier.

Agree.  If OP's renewal date is a few days away and does not have too many referees, OP can change plan early and take advanage of the extra 500MB data.  At this point, I do not know whether OP has the autopay enabled or not.

@popping wrote:

@frgreyes wrote:

Hi! I'm with the $40/month plan with 4.5 GB and unlimited calling. So to confirm: if I load 1 Gb through an add-on, I don't lose unused data once my plan renews? 

Correct.  All add-ons, except the US roaming add-ons, do not expire.  All unused data or minutes will be roll over to next cycle(s) until all data or minutes in your add-on are used.

If you are on autopay, you can schedule plan change at your next renewal date for the $40 4.5GB + 500MB autopay bonus data.  You need to schedule the change before that offer expires on April 22.

My line of thought was that, since the op is out of data, that they could change to the upgraded version right away - the system treats it as a different plan.

All that is assuming that they are a) on auto pay and b) didn't take advantage of the bonus data by doing aPlan change earlier.

@frgreyes wrote:

No, plan data is used up first and the add-on only kicks in if you are out before your plan renews.

Just to clarify: do you have 4.5GB or 5GB (with the auto pay bonus)?

If the former, you could do an immediate plan change to take advantage of the special offer before it goes away on April 22.

popping

@frgreyes wrote:

mimmo

@ShawnC13  a message to mods will get  the missing rewards applied as credit.

frgreyes

ok thanks guys! this answered my question

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@frgreyes wrote:

I used up my monthly data allowance a week before my plan renews. If I topped up with a 1 GB add-on right now, will the remaining unused data from this 1 GB be added to my next month's plan or will I lose the unused data once the plan renews in a week?

The unused portion of the addon would remain on your account until you need it again.  So if like 4 months down the road you use all your plan data again you would have your remaining previously purchased data addon to use to get you to your next renewal.

As stated by @mimmo  you can look at early renewal but doing that will mess with any rewards you have earned as they are programmed to be applied on your regularly scheduled renewal date.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

frgreyes

mimmo

You will keep the data addon until you use it up  2 days or 2 years. 

Depending on your plan you could ask mods to review your term early. 

Need Help? Let's chat.