cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about $120 per 90 Days Plans.. Can i use in Toronto?

alyssawong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I will be travelling to Toronto for a couple days from Vancouver.My plan is 

• 12GB Data
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk

Will i have access to data when i'm in Toronto?

22 REPLIES 22

@tqlam 

To open ticket with PM Support:

1 . If you have access to Self-Serve My account: For faster response (2-48 hours) , Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2 . If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with above method: you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply and work with you via messaging there

tqlam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks softech.  can you direct me how to raise a ticket?

@tqlam sorry, someone were on the same boat, tried to ask right after and PM said no.

You can try to open ticket again but don't have high hope..

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Just joined what? You're using a community account created 6 years ago. That has no relation on the telephone account. If you've just started a new account then you're in the points program anyway. If you got sucked in to opting in and then agreed with the confirmation box then that's the choice you made. There's no going back.

tqlam

It said take up to 4 days to proceed the change, so I thought it can be stopped before the system change.

tqlam

I keep receiving emails and today just without reading the details and clicked opt in and the noticed the discount I had over 6 years.

@tqlam   Oh, you just joined???

Sorry, it is a "Point of No Return'   😞

tqlam

Unfortunately, I have just joined.  Is there a way to cancel or back out?

@tqlam wrote:

Is this plan discount remains after joining new Public Points?

If you have this plan it will stay the same.  THe rewards work out better for the customer to stay on the old Rewards Plan especially for those that have been here that long

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

tqlam: The plan will not change. You're on the edge of whether it would be worth it to change to points. But there's no return.

@tqlam   yes, it will.  the Reward program won't affect your plan

But you sure you want to join?  You have been here long, you will loss a lot of the reward money from Loyalty rewards

tqlam

Is this plan discount remains after joining new Public Points?

@alyssawong wrote:

Thanks ! I just can't call with my plan right?

Here's something that may provide you total piece of mind....for an additional 8 bux, you can get 200 minutes of Canada or USA calling. These minutes will augment your current plan in that you'll be able to call anywhere in Canada or USA while your anywhere in Canada. Those minutes are available as an Add-on and won't expire until you use them. Long as your plan stays active, those 200 minutes are yours to use up. Pretty sweet deal really. Good luck.

alyssawong

Thanks !!

@alyssawong, it wasn't asked, but SMS and MMS are also available to you while in Toronto, or anywhere else on the Telus/Bell network.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@alyssawong , likely the only thing you might want to do but won't be able to do with your plan while in Toronto is call back home.  You will be able to receive calls from home.  You might want to consider buying some non expiring long distance minutes.  That would make your service fully functional while in Toronto.

@alyssawong wrote:

You will be able to receive all calls while the as well

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@alyssawong You can use any part of your plan anywhere in Canada. The only restriction is if you have province-wide calling it will only work in the province you are currently in (not the province you live in). Say you live in Albert, while there you can only call numbers in Alberta, if you go to Toronto you can only call numbers in Ontario. If you have Canada-wide calling you can call anywhere in Canada from anywhere in the country.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@alyssawong wrote:

You can call to the same province that you're physically in at the time.

alyssawong

Anonymous
Not applicable

@alyssawong 

Yes. This is a nation-wide provider.

Need Help? Let's chat.