cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queations on 100M Canada wide talk, unlimited incoming calls. Intl talk time & data add-on packs

Punya
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

Request assistance on talk time on basic plan of $15 (100 min Canada-wide talk, UL intl text & picture messaging, UL incoming calls, 250MB data with auto pay, VM and call display)

- Does 100 min Canada-wide talk includes calls made and received between 5pm to 7am on weekdays & 5pm on Friday to 7am on Monday on weekends?  

- UL incoming call means all calls received 24/7 from anywhere in the World?

- Does the talk time not used from 400min Intl talk time add-on get rolled over to next bill cycle? If "Y", how long I have to use all of the talk minutes.

- Does the data not used 1GB add-on get rolled over to next billing cycle. If "Y", how long I have to use all of the data.

Thanks in advance for all your time folks.

Regards,

17 REPLIES 17

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Suggested add-ons for $15 monthly plan.

Suggested add-ons to bullet proof the $15 plan. Both my wife and I are low users of our $15 mobile plans but the one time cost of $25 makes our plans as good as any. And of course, once set up, one will have to manage these add-ons to keep the “GOOD COMBINATION” in place and maintenance cost should be minimal.

The add-on combinations below do NOT expire until minutes are used up.

GOOD COMBINATION. More flexibility, less overall cost.

2 x $5 add-on (1 cent/min.) 500 Canada-wide Long Distance minutes

1 x $15 add-on (3.75 cent/min.) 400 International Long Distance minutes add-on this gives you full calling LD including USA, Canada and International for less cost per minute than using the $8 add-on. 

=======

$25

NOT SO GOOD COMBINATION.

1 x $8 add-on (4 cent/min.) 200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes**

1 x $15 (3.75 cent/min.) 400 International Long Distance minutes add-on.

=======

$33 Total                   **The lesser value of the group

Note the $5, $8, and $15 add-on would all kick in for Local/Canada Wide calls if your allotted minutes were all used up. This applies to the $15 monthly plan only.

The reason for 2 x $5 add-ons, assuming most of your calls are Canada Wide, is......once 1 x $5 is used up and you are now using the second $5 add-on ......buy another $5 add-on.

The $15 add-on is less cost per minute than the $8 add-on. The $15 add-on has INTERNATIONAL, USA and Canada  so, in a way, the $8 add-on is pointless to buy for USA only calls.

Note 1: The add ons above I have mentioned do NOT expire until all the minutes have been used. The unused minutes roll over month to month until all exhausted.

In certain conditions DATA can be very helpful and now the add on 1GB Data that does not expire until used up, has been permanently reduced to $15 (originally $30)

If you have the option to call 2 different numbers choose the 800 number, those 800 number calls do NOT deduct from your allotted outbound minutes.

Note 2: Rewards programs and freebies.

Keep in mind the value of “Rewards that’ll lower your bill”.

Freebies that may be offered as in pre Christmas 2019 for 1GB of Data and 400 International Long Distance minutes. And August 2020 some of us were offered 5GB if add on Data while others were offered 1GB of add on Data AND 1000 minutes of Canada wide calling. They treat us very well.

Note 3: Other ways to save money.

Use Wi-Fi  Zoom, FaceTime Video or Audio only, iMessage or a phone APP.

Use Wi-Fi based APP for outbound calls “if” it will allow you to use your PM number as the caller ID. Google Hangouts apparently does. Cost is free.

Zoiper used with VoIP.ms works too over Wifi but does cost your “outbound” VoIP.ms price per minute. And you can set up the caller ID as either your VoIP or PM number.

Forward your home or business calls to you PM phone number.

Copyright 2020

Stop Stop Stop the bravos!!!! LOL.  I like them but my post is now invalid as PM has new add-ons. My post in future will now read. 

Suggested add-ons to bullet proof the $15 plan. Both my wife and I are slowly growing mobile phone users of our $15 mobile plans and the one time cost of $10 makes our plans as good as any. And of course, once set up, one will have to manage these add-ons to keep the “GOOD COMBINATION” in place and maintenance cost should be minimal. 

=======

$10

There is no longer a “NOT SO GOOD COMBINATION” !!!!

Note the $5 add-on would kick in for Local/Canada Wide calls if your allotted minutes were all used up. This applies to the $15 monthly plan only.

The reason for 2 x $5 add-ons, assuming most of your calls are Canada Wide, is......once 1 x $5 is used up and you are now using the second $5 add-on ......buy another $5 add-on. 

So now is the time to select the “BEST FOR YOU” Long Distance Plan(s). It will be nice to able to contact friends and family in so may countries at a very reasonable cost. 

And keep in mind you must be in Canada to use these plans. Just look and the cost per minute calculations…..I DON’T KNOW WHY I EVEN HAVE A LAND LINE ANY MORE!!!

And some fantastic long distance add on packages. 

All inbound calls from Canada or any country to you while you are located in Canada are free. 

Calls must originate in Canada 

Any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle.

500 Canada Wide Long Distance Minutes $5 or 1 cents/min. 

1000 U.S. Long Distance Minutes $15 or 1.5 cents/min. 

1000 U.K. Long Distance Minutes $15 or 1.5 cents/min. 

750 India & Pakistan Long Distance Minutes $15 or 2 cents/min. 

500 China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan Long Distance Minutes $15 or 3 cents/min. 

100 Philippines Long Distance Minutes $15 or 15 cents/min. 

300 International Long Distance Minutes $15 or 5 cents/min. 

Included countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France,Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela

Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in US calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726. Calls made to numbers starting with the following UK codes are not included in UK calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 4470, 44870-44879, 44843-44845.

From what I have found, there are extra charges to dial these area codes and a number of Telcos either don’t allow calls to them or add hefty surcharges. Public Mobile has elected to not allow calls to these area codes listed. 

Note 1: The add ons above I have mentioned do NOT expire until all the minutes have been used. The unused minutes roll over month to month until all exhausted. 

In certain conditions DATA can be very helpful and now the add on 1GB Data that does not expire until used up, has been permanently reduced to $15 (originally $30) 

If you have the option to call an 800 number over a local number or LD number, choose the 800 number, those 800 number calls do NOT deduct from your allotted outbound minutes. 

Freebies that may be offered as in pre Christmas 2019 for 1GB of Data and 400 International Long Distance minutes. And August 2020 some of us were offered 5GB if add on Data while others were offered 1GB of add on Data AND 1000 minutes of Canada wide calling. They treat us very well. 

Use Wi-Fi  Zoom, FaceTime Video or Audio only, iMessage or an APP such as Google Duo, Skype, Fongo or a VoIP service like VoIP.ms. 

Use Wi-Fi based APP for outbound calls “if” it will allow you to use your PM number as the caller ID. Google Hangouts apparently does. Cost is free. 

Zoiper used with VoIP.ms works too over Wifi but does cost your “outbound” VoIP.ms price per minute. And you can set up the caller ID as either your VoIP or PM number. 

©️2020 

Sophie3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for your quick answer!!

@Sophie3 wrote:

ps: If I don't keep up with my addson, how much cost me the minutes when I go over the 100 minutes?

@Sophie3 It won't cost you a penny. If you run out of minutes and have no add on minutes, your service will simply stop working until either the next renewal or until you purchase an add on.

Sophie3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

WOW!

This is all I needed to know to handle my $15 plan. Thank you so much for your hard work.

Have a good day

Sophie

ps: If I don't keep up with my addson, how much cost me the minutes when I go over the 100 minutes?

Punya

Awesome tips and cant be better than this. Thanks for your descriptive response. Much appreciated.

Punya

Thanks thats awesome!

@Punya 

Unofficial tip: outgoing calls to toll-free numbers (1-800 etc) do not consume minutes.

The $5/500 minute add-on is a great value for the $15 plan.

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I never travel to the US so it never occurred to me how those add-ons work but good to know for other people. Thanks

@carlaspapa 

Canada use add ons, unused portions roll over and expire when exhausted. 

USA use add ons, expire as described. 

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Anything in your plan expires at the end of the month have your plan. You're 100 outgoing minutes are counted by the minute not by the second so a 5 second call or at 50 second call counts as one minute. So do calls to voicemail but you can call your own number from a different phone and press star before your message and enter your PIN number to check your messages. I just learned how to do that. Anything that's an add-on will roll over every month until you use the whole thing up. I have that $5/ 500 minutes add on and it took me eight months to use up the first one. Then it took two months to use up the second one because I had a few too many and phoned my friend in Ottowa and talked for almost 3 hours. LOL! So try not to do that and you should do okay!

Suggested add-ons to bullet proof the $15 plan. Both my wife and I are low users of our $15 mobile plans but the one time cost of $25 makes our plans as good as any. And of course, once set up, one will have to manage these add-ons to keep the “GOOD COMBINATION” in place and maintenance cost should be minimal.

1 x $15 add-on (3.75 cent/min.) 400 International Long Distance minutes add-on this gives you full calling LD including USA, Canada and International for less cost per minute than using the $8 add-on. 

=======

$25

NOT SO GOOD COMBINATION.

1 x $8 add-on (4 cent/min.) 200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes**

1 x $15 (3.75 cent/min.) 400 International Long Distance minutes add-on.

=======

$33 Total                   **The lesser value of the group

Note the $5, $8, and $15 add-on would all kick in for Local/Canada Wide calls if your allotted minutes were all used up. This applies to the $15 monthly plan only.

The $15 add-on is less cost per minute than the $8 add-on. The $15 add-on has INTERNATIONAL, USA and Canada  so, in a way, the $8 add-on is pointless to buy for USA only calls.

If you have the option to call 2 different numbers choose the 800 number, those 800 number calls do NOT deduct from your allotted outbound minutes.

Use Wi-Fi  Zoom, FaceTime Video or Audio only, iMessage or a phone APP.

Copyright 2020

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Punya wrote:

Hi everyone,

Request assistance on talk time on basic plan of $15 (100 min Canada-wide talk, UL intl text & picture messaging, UL incoming calls, 250MB data with auto pay, VM and call display)

- Does 100 min Canada-wide talk includes calls made and received between 5pm to 7am on weekdays & 5pm on Friday to 7am on Monday on weekends?  

Yes, call any time. Use 100 minutes and you are done for your 30 days. Buy a $5 add on for 500 more minutes....does not expire until all minutes are used. 

Yes

- Does the talk time not used from 400min Intl talk time add-on get rolled over to next bill cycle? If "Y", how long I have to use all of the talk minutes.

Yes, till they are all used up. 

- Does the data not used 1GB add-on get rolled over to next billing cycle. If "Y", how long I have to use all of the data.

Yes, till all used up. 

Regards,

Lo

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Punya wrote:

Hi everyone,

Regards,

**As @Anonymous says 24/7, around the clock. No daytime or weekend minutes on this plan. Good-bye to those plans. 🙂

**YES

** YES. For as long as your Public Mobile account is active (can be suspended for less than 90 days without losing your phone number/account, addons, etc.)

** YES. For as long as your Public Mobile account is active (can be suspended for less than 90 days without losing your phone number/account, addons, etc.)

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Punya 

1. The 100 minutes is available daily  24 hrs per 30 day cycle. 
  2. Yes unlimited incoming calls 24/7 As long as you are in Canada.
  3. Excluding the 10 day US roaming add ons.  All addons are roll over until they are used up. 

Stay safe.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Punya wrote:

Hi everyone,

- Does 100 min Canada-wide talk includes calls made and received between 5pm to 7am on weekdays & 5pm on Friday to 7am on Monday on weekends?  ...any time of day or night

- UL incoming call means all calls received 24/7 from anywhere in the World?...anywhere on this planet...I haven't received any calls from different planet so....

- Does the talk time not used from 400min Intl talk time add-on get rolled over to next bill cycle? If "Y", how long I have to use all of the talk minutes....when you use up the 400 minutes..then it expires. Even if it takes several months or longer.

- Does the data not used 1GB add-on get rolled over to next billing cycle. If "Y", how long I have to use all of the data....you have until you use it yourself..even if it takes several months or longer.

Regards,

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Punya Your 100 mins are good anytime day/night 24/7.

Incoming minutes from everywhere are free.

Your add on long distance mins last until you use them, no expiry date. Same for 1GB data add on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's all 24/7. You have 100 minutes outgoing Canada-wide and unlimited incoming from anywhere.

Add-ons stay on your account until consumed.

Need Help? Let's chat.