cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putting Plan on Hold

shafarrah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi! How do I put the plan on hold say for 6 months? Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

One of my referrals constantly ends up failing to make timely payments - his service gets suspended every month, and usually stays that way until he "gets paid on Friday" afterwards. PM still gives me his $1 referral reward from him (from them all) anyhow.

Maybe the referral doesn't pay out after longer periods of suspension (30 days or more?), or maybe it keeps paying out until the referred account is finally terminated. Haven't tested this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shafarrah wrote:

Thanks! Will my discounts stay when I renew? Referral and length of being with them? I think I now pay $12/month for the 100 min plan

You will need to pay full fare when you reactivate. Then the rewards _of that term_ will be credited to the account. They don't accumulate while under suspension.

benfatto's link is the way. It's what I call my dormant account. I'm just keeping it alive. It's on the cheapest plan. I renew every 110 days or so or thereabouts. I have an active plan for 30 days. Then it suspends for 90. Before the end of that 90 (110 or so from last payment) I'll renew. And on it goes.

Shortly after renewing from that suspension, the rewards will get credited. They say the clock stops for loyalty but I'm not so sure. If you were referred then that person might lose the dollar they got from you until you renew.

A clarification of some wording. You can be suspended for not making a payment for a total of 90 days and then your account and phone number will be gone.  So a single $15 payment to your account will keep it working for 30 days and suspended for 90 more days for a total of 120 days. Making a payment then and possibly having to “reactivate” your account to ensure your phone is working again starts the process again that can carry you another 120 days in total.

In practice, don’t try renewing at day 120 as it is all over if you miss it or something glitches and you need help from the moderators to get it going again. I would be reactivating about 5 days early. And be sure your account IS working again after reactivating. Just adding $15 to your account may not do it, the $15 may sit in your available funds and vanish along with your account and phone number a few days later at day 120 if it isn’t properly reactivated.

AE_Collector

@shafarrah wrote:

Thanks! Will my discounts stay when I renew? Referral and length of being with them? I think I now pay $12/month for the 100 min plan

Your referrals will stay, but you will have to make up the time for the loyalty reward equivalent to the time you are away.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @shafarrah 

You can't do it for 6 months but you can do it two times for 90 days with 30 days in between which covers more than 6 months. The two drawbacks are that you have to give back before account is purged and pay for those 30 days in between.

You also will not be getting rewards during that time, if you collected lots of them it may be worth downgrading to the cheapest plan and still collecting the loyalty count. For example if your plan after downgrade to 15 is only $2 or $3 I would just downgrade and not touch it as it will cost about the same but I don't have to do anything (besides loading enough for at least 4 cycles in case autopay fails) and my next loyalty buck will come about 6 months before.

It all depends on your situation and preferences

@shafarrah Disable AutoPay. If you have some balance, it will still renew even after disabling AutoPay. In that case, you can enable lost/stolen phone feature which will disable renewal. Once your account is in suspended status, let it be for about 85 days. Then renew it so its good for another 30 + 90 days. 

shafarrah

@shafarrah wrote:

Thanks. So how do I do this? I have autopay enabled....

You have to remove autopay by dialing 611, but remember to make a payment around the 85th day after the renewal date.

shafarrah

Thanks. So how do I do this? I have autopay enabled....

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@shafarrah wrote:

Hi! How do I put the plan on hold say for 6 months? Thanks!

You have 90 days from your renewal date to make a payment otherwise it will close. Just to be sure nothing goes wrong with your payment, on the 85th day make a payment of $15 to keep it opened.

Need Help? Let's chat.