Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing Add-ons

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Hey everyone, 

Recently, you might have noticed that for add-on purchase topics, i have been asking a couple questions such as if an add-on can be seen on the overview page or if funds are sitting on the available balance. I am certainly aware of the two step process, but this might have changed after the previous maintenance. I do not have a confirmation, but you can see the process yourself in the self-serve. When you try to purchase an add-on, you will see a pop-up. To my understanding, it used to redirect you to the manual payment page if enough funds are not available, but now, the same manual payment page loads as a pop-up. 

So, i am not really sure what happens now when you make manual payment to purchase an add-on. It might still be two step process, but you might stay on the add-on page after the payment rather than just adding funds to your account and you have no idea if you purchased an add-on or not. May be someone who recently purchased an add-on can confirm this. Lastly, the process might still be the same as before, and in this case, i am just paranoid while hoping for the fix for these type of issues. 

8 REPLIES 8

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NDesai  I just purchased an US addon.  I can conirm it ut still a two/three step process

1) select addon and clcik purchase

2) popup appears on payment screen for addon amount\

3) confirm payment

4) popup displays payment success you account has been topped up but  still displays to make a payment page

5) click go back on popup to take you to addon page

6) click purchase addon 

7) popup reappears but saying conim you want to purchase addon ( ie confimr deductiong from funds)

😎 click confirm

9) done

I was "confused" on step 4,   ie why did it want me to make another payment?  after payment it should have a message saying close window or take you directly to to the addon confirm or better yet do it in the background

@will13am wrote:

@NDesai wrote:
@will13am wrote:

I did two add-on purchases about a month ago and I experienced the pop up thing once.  I used different browsers each time.  I wasn't sure what to think.  My initial reaction was maybe browser related.  Got the pop up with Mozilla but not chrome.

Can you recall if you had enough funds or you made manual payment? If you manually paid from the pop-up, what happened after that step?

In both cases, I had no funds in the account.  I got the pop up on my first ever add-on purchase and I sort of wonder a bit about why so many refer to this as a step process.  Then a few days later, in the second purchase I fully understood why it's a two step process.  TBH, neither way was that confusing.  Perhaps I was expecting something cumbersome and so the element of surprise wasn't there.

Safe to say it's still a two step process. We will see if anything changes after the upcoming maintenence. 

@NDesai wrote:
@will13am wrote:

I did two add-on purchases about a month ago and I experienced the pop up thing once.  I used different browsers each time.  I wasn't sure what to think.  My initial reaction was maybe browser related.  Got the pop up with Mozilla but not chrome.

Can you recall if you had enough funds or you made manual payment? If you manually paid from the pop-up, what happened after that step?

In both cases, I had no funds in the account.  I got the pop up on my first ever add-on purchase and I sort of wonder a bit about why so many refer to this as a step process.  Then a few days later, in the second purchase I fully understood why it's a two step process.  TBH, neither way was that confusing.  Perhaps I was expecting something cumbersome and so the element of surprise wasn't there.

@will13am wrote:

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I just purchased an add-on, but had funds available already.  Probably adding a us add-on to another account today or tomorrow will let you know what happens.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@NDesai, this is why i think we need a change log after updates so we can know what was worked on.  I thought maybe they would let the Oracles know but I guess not.Makes it harder to help people if we are not up to date on what was worked on, we maybe giving bad advice.

It's a hit & miss 😞 

I have noticed some topics posted regarding this, and we all give the same advice. That is why i decided to post this if the process did really change. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@NDesai, this is why i think we need a change log after updates so we can know what was worked on.  I thought maybe they would let the Oracles know but I guess not.Makes it harder to help people if we are not up to date on what was worked on, we maybe giving bad advice.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.