cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased Add On Does Not Reflect in my Account

jotz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just purchased a 1G Data Add-On for $30.

I saw that the $30 was added to my Balance but I don't see anything in my Add-On page.

I'm running low of data but If I can't get it, how can I get back my money?

21 REPLIES 21

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jotz wrote:

I think I understand now.

I have to put funds first before I can actually purchase the add-ons.

Very confusing if you ask me.

@jotz hear ya there!  Several of us have been asking for at least a few years nowPM to simplify the add-on purchase process, but I'm not holding my breath.  [EDIT: this is what lead me to create the how-to guide.]

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jotz

Will do next time @GinYVR 🙂

jotz

I finally can see my add-ons.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Have a good one.

@jotz wrote:

It should have a separate process to add funds and add add-ons.

In any case, I will try to do the steps you said.

The self-serve website is so slow right now.

Can't even get in.

I will let you know later...if I can get in.

@jotz  Maybe worthwhile to clear your bowser's cache or even try using incognito mode if you are still having issues. 

Hope it works!

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@jotz An alternative to the server is just use old fashioned *611.

jotz

It should have a separate process to add funds and add add-ons.

In any case, I will try to do the steps you said.

The self-serve website is so slow right now.

Can't even get in.

I will let you know later...if I can get in.

srlawren

@jotz wrote:

I do.

@jotz then please try the 1.2, 1.3, then 2.1 and beyond steps as I noted above and it should add the data to your account as you desired.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jotz

I do.

srlawren

@jotz wrote:

Hi srlawren,

I confirmed my purchase in step 2.1.  However, I didn't see the message in Step 2.2. saying success.

And there was nothing listed under My Add-Ons as per 2.3 after that.

@jotz do you see an Available Funds balance of $30?

jotz

Hi srlawren,

I confirmed my purchase in step 2.1.  However, I didn't see the message in Step 2.2. saying success.

And there was nothing listed under My Add-Ons as per 2.3 after that.

srlawren

@jotz wrote:

Thanks, geopublic.

Appreciate it.

@jotz if you'd like to see an illustrated guide, please look here:

HOWTO: Purchasing Add-ons

I believe you missed everything under "Step 2" and below.  If you still see $30 in your Available Funds balance, then I am correct.  If this is the case, follow these step to fix it:

Start at step 1.2 (in the link above), then step 1.3 and SKIP OVER steps 1.4 and 1.5.  At the end of step 1.3, you can resume at step 2.1 and keep going until the end of the guide.

jotz

Thanks, geopublic.

Appreciate it.

@jotz wrote:

I believe I clicked that button.

I went back just to make sure.

It does nothing now when I click it.

In any case, thank you guys for your quick responses.

I just have to live without data until my next cycle.

@jotz  If you did everything correctly and the add-on is not showing up then you can notify the Public Mobile team and they will add it for you. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

jotz

I believe I clicked that button.

I went back just to make sure.

It does nothing now when I click it.

In any case, thank you guys for your quick responses.

I just have to live without data until my next cycle.

@jotz wrote:

Oh, was there a 2nd step?

What is it?

I spend considerable time figuring this problem out. I even showed it to my colleagues. We didn't see a step 2.You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.

Step 1: If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’

Step 2: , then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

jotz

Oh, was there a 2nd step?

What is it?

I spend considerable time figuring this problem out. I even showed it to my colleagues. We didn't see a step 2.

@jotz wrote:

Hi geopublic,

Thanks for the reply. However, I didn't need help in purchasing add ons.

As I said, I was able to purchased doing what you specified below under self serve.

The problem is I see that I was charged for the $30 but nothing is showing in my home page what I purchased. It's still showing my original data plan.

I just got a message from my bank that the transaction went through.

@jotz  Dial 611 does your account balance reflect the payment you made for the add-on? If yes, it means your funded you account but you haven't added the add-on into you account. It's a two step process so you still need to do step #2.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jotz wrote:

Hi geopublic,

As I said, I was able to purchased doing what you specified below under self serve.

The problem is I see that I was charged for the $30 but nothing is showing in my home page what I purchased. It's still showing my original data plan.

Did you complete the second step of purchasing after adding your funds though?

jotz

Hi geopublic,

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jotz wrote:

I saw that the $30 was added to my Balance but I don't see anything in my Add-On page.

@jotz How to Purchase Add-Ons

You can purchase Add-Ons by dialing *611, or by signing in to your Self-Serve account.

To purchase an Add-On using this method, follow the prompts to buy an Add-On. You will need your 4-digit account PIN to purchase an Add-On. You selected your PIN when you activated your account.

Self-Serve

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:
Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jotz wrote:

It's a two step process, now you have go back into your account and purchase the add-on itself after addding the funds first.

Need Help? Let's chat.