cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased 400 International minutes months ago, but won't let me call internationally

verano
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Purchased 400 minutes for $15 months ago. I checked again and it's still there, no minutes used yet. Yet when I just tried to place a call to the UK I get a public mobile message saying "Sorry, Talk is not a part of your plan" or something to that effect. I called due to a family emergency, so quite unpleasant now to find out I can't actually get in touch with them!

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll just stick this here too...

Those cheapy cheap little calling card deals you can get at 7-Eleven and others work perfectly fine. You buy the card that is able to connect to your country of interest and they "activate" it. You call a toll free number, enter the pin on the card under the scratch, dial the number you want to call. Baddabing.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker wrote:

@verano, unless you subscribe to a base voice plan, the long distance minutes are useless to you.

You need one of Province-wide, Canada-wide, or Canada & US talk as part of your plan.

@stonechucker thanks, I was going to mention this.  I'm betting it's the cause.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@verano, unless you subscribe to a base voice plan, the long distance minutes are useless to you.

You need one of Province-wide, Canada-wide, or Canada & US talk as part of your plan.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Try a test call to some Walmart in the States just to see if the long distance is working. I suggest the States because it uses the same long distance structure as Canada

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I know the UK is on this list, but just so you know, these are the countries you can call internationally:

GC

PMLongDistance.jpg

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Can your give it a try again, make sure that the exit code and country code are correct.  I have the same add-on and I called the UK yesterday afternoon, no issues.  If the problem persists, please contact the moderator team to see if there are provisioning issues with your account.  That can affect domestic calling, might affect overseas calls too.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following knowledge base link for information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.