cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased 3 15$ add - on options & got 1

Johnduplisea
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello 👋 when I first set up my account with public mobile I had put in a MasterCard also and purchased 3 extra 15 $ gb add ons and didn’t receive them I only got the one and it just topped out 

17 REPLIES 17

@darlicious well thank you very much! 🥧

@gpixel

I'm thinking buttermilk raisin with a big dollop of whip cream. I'll have to give one to @Luddite  and the OP @Johnduplisea if he comes back and picks his solution. We better give one to @dabr  for identifying why it doesn't appear like more than one 1gb data add on has been added. That leaves a peace for myself and @hyT  for supplying the pic. That leaves one peace of pie left...?

@darlicious yes, you did 🤏🥺

I'll be waiting for my slice of pie 😋

@gpixel 

I dont disagree that you answered the question and deserve the solution I just wanted to point out  its easy to be mistaken when looking at your overview because of the way pm displays additional add ons. Did i really wilt your rose? Say it aint so joe!

@darlicious I thought we were like 🤞...🥀

hyT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Johnduplisea @dabr @darlicious @gpixel @Luddite 

I have re-read this whole thread and tried to find the clues like Sherlock Holmes. 

The OP @Johnduplisea had 2 posts. The last sentence of the first post said "it topped out". In his second post, he said he saw what we meant and was OK but did not elaborate what he saw was the solution. I think the key lies in "it topped out". If he had actually bought three 1Gb add-ons through the proper two-step process, he wouldn't have "topped out". So  I think @Luddite was right in assigning the solution to @gpixel . Wish OPs would always come back and Mark their solutions.

@darlicious wrote:

@Luddite 

I would argue that @Dabr had the more precise answer because it explains that the 1 64gb data add ons are piled upon the existing or first 1 GB DATA ADD ON and only shows under the usage meter to the side. Checking the payment history will show they were charged but does not answer the query of why it's not showing. It took @dabr  who ninja'd me to point that out and @hyT to illustrate the point.

@gpixel  sorry JMHO not disrespecting you.....just saying....

@darlicious   I appreciate you arguing in my favour, but since OP didn't really make clear, even in his second post, as to whether he just didn't purchase all the 3x1GB data he thought he had or was just confused by how PM records the multiple data purchases in the overview page, it really could have been either one of the answers and I can understand how @Luddite may opt to select @gpixel response as the solution too.

As they say "you win some, you lose some" 😊

@Luddite 

I would argue that @dabr  had the more precise answer because it explains that the 1gb data add ons are piled upon the existing or first 1 GB DATA ADD ON and only shows under the usage meter to the side. Checking the payment history will show they were charged but does not answer the query of why it's not showing. It took @dabr  who ninja'd me to point that out and @hyT to illustrate the point.

@gpixel  sorry JMHO not disrespecting you.....just saying....

hyT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious @dabr have answered the original poster's question well.

I had the same puzzle when I bought my first two 1Gb data add-ons.  I thought I was short-changed.  On closer examination in my self-service portal, I found the answer.

I find it easier to demonstrate with a couple of screenshots.

On the "My Plan and Add-ons" tab, it shows 

Screenshot_20200525-212357_1_1.jpg

But if you look at the "Overview" page, you can see I actually have 2Gb of data.

Screenshot_20200525-212236_1_1.jpg

So the "1GB Add-on" is just a text label (name) of the add-on. The actual quantity of your purchased data is reflected under the "Amount Used" column. Hope this will help others who get puzzled by this in the future.

@fdrcamb519 

I would say it's likely @dabr answer. Unless you look closely enough you wouldn't notice the additional mb under the tally as it only appears as: 1GB  data add on        0/3072 . Although it would be nice if @Johnduplisea came back and accepted a solution for future members with the same query.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Johnduplisea 

@Johnduplisea wrote:

Hello 👋 when I first set up my account with public mobile I had put in a MasterCard also and purchased 3 extra 15 $ gb add ons and didn’t receive them I only got the one and it just topped out 

Hi I’m just curious we’re you able to find the other 2 out of 3gb of data, please let us know.

Johnduplisea
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Found what you’re talking about I’m fine now thanks guys 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

you might need to contact the management team by using private message 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Johnduplisea , add-on purchasing is a two step process.  You probably have funds in the account to purchase 2 more add-ons.  Take a look at this illustrated guide on the purchase process.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974#M22...

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Johnduplisea wrote:

@Johnduplisea    When you purchase multiples of data, they will show in one line under My Data & Add-ons on the overview page, you should see a line showing 3072 MB data there.

Edit:  Should have mentioned that it should also show how much was used from that line and what is remaining of that purchase.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

also have a look at the payment history that will give you some idea of what  has  happened.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

Screenshot_20200418-193411-01.jpeg

@Johnduplisea check to see if you have available funds in your account. if you do, then select and apply the data add-ons again

Need Help? Let's chat.