cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase add-on

dleathem
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Long story, but due to a credit card company error, my online account is suspended for a year. I want to purchase a roaming add-on, how do I do that without being able to access my self serve account? Can I use *611?

23 REPLIES 23

You are welcome @dleathem . Glad that we could help you.  Hope everything goes smoothly for you know. Have a great weekend. 

@dleathem wrote:

It made no sense to me either, but each time I tried to sign-on, I would get a message saying it was "suspended". Initially I was communicating with a Mod, but he was unable to provide any assistance, and advised it was a decision made by the PM finance dept., and it was final. It was extremely frustrating. However, since my post about resetting a PIN, a mod reset the password for me, and I now have regular access. I don't really get it, but thanks to the Mod, all seems ok now, or so I hope. 

dleathem

It made no sense to me either, but each time I tried to sign-on, I would get a message saying it was "suspended". Initially I was communicating with a Mod, but he was unable to provide any assistance, and advised it was a decision made by the PM finance dept., and it was final. It was extremely frustrating. However, since my post about resetting a PIN, a mod reset the password for me, and I now have regular access. I don't really get it, but thanks to the Mod, all seems ok now, or so I hope. 

dleathem

Now resolved, thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dleathem wrote:

This is a bit off topic, however, my credit card was used fraudulently. MasterCard did several chargebacks for the fraudulent purchases, however they also did one for my Public Mobile payment in error. I had them contact PM re. the error to explain it was not my fault, however irregardless PM went ahead and suspended me from paying by credit card, and I'm unable to access the self serve option, for what I have been told is a 1 year period. I was in constant touch with a moderator, who was helpful, but explained he could not assist, its a corporate decision. So now, I'm forced to pay by vouchers, and have no access for self-service. It also looks like I lost my loyalty/referal/cc pay rewards, to add insult to injury. 

You can use the 611 service to remit vouchers.

I've read about these consequences of chargebacks here. I've read that they want some kind of cheque. But I'm not sure why it blocks you from the self-serve.

@gblackma wrote:

@will13am , I found this thread that you were a part of. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Defaul-PIN-number/td-p/378428 . Could the default 611 code be the default SIM code 1234 if @dleathem  never set one up? 

The customer's account PIN could only match the sim card's security PIN if the customer chose to set it up that way. However, the two codes are two different/urelated things. There is no default account PIN.  Many people confuse the account PIN with the sim card PIN, phone's security PIN/screen unlock password, or even voicemail password.  All of these are seperate.  This confusion is also a reason that people shouldn't use account PIN for number porting unless there is no other choice.

dleathem

Unfortunately, I am tied to my number, so don't want to create a new account. I also weighed options of a different carrier, but decided against changing due to hassle. It's a real pain, but hoping my self service account "suspension" will be dropped as I was advised once 1 year period is complete. 
Thanks for your suggestion anyways

Sorry to hear that @dleathem . So basically you are a new customer. Any other credit cards?  According to some of the old hands there may be a valentines promotion. As long as you aren't tied to your number  and grandfathered plan.

@dleathem wrote:

This is a bit off topic, however, my credit card was used fraudulently. MasterCard did several chargebacks for the fraudulent purchases, however they also did one for my Public Mobile payment in error. I had them contact PM re. the error to explain it was not my fault, however irregardless PM went ahead and suspended me from paying by credit card, and I'm unable to access the self serve option, for what I have been told is a 1 year period. I was in constant touch with a moderator, who was helpful, but explained he could not assist, its a corporate decision. So now, I'm forced to pay by vouchers, and have no access for self-service. It also looks like I lost my loyalty/referal/cc pay rewards, to add insult to injury. 

dleathem

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dleathem wrote:

Long story, but due to a credit card company error, my online account is suspended for a year. 

@dleathem could you elaborate a bit more about this?  how does a credit card company error lead to your Public Mobile self-serve account access being suspended for any period of time, let alone a year?  In my 4.5 years of fairly frequent participation in this community, I cannot recall a single instance of hearing of this scenario before.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

I suggest that you contact moderators asap and gain full access to your account. Once you are in your account you can change your security question, add different credit card and ask moderators to change your PIN to something you will remember

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

@gblackma wrote:

@will13am , I found this thread that you were a part of. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Defaul-PIN-number/td-p/378428 . Could the default 611 code be the default SIM code 1234 if @dleathem  never set one up? 

@gblackma  no this is a different PIN that is the sim unlock pin. When people type the incorrect pin to many times then it will ask for PUK code. Pretty much all providers sim unlock pin is 1234 except I believe freedom is 0000... if a person puts it in incorrectly the PUK code is required and only moderators can give PUK code.

The OP in question pin that he is asking for is the pin you choose when activating the sim..and PM sends you a text with the PIN....that message is stored in you text message under SIM CARD MESSAGE that I listed above..

If you have an Android phone and it's the same one since you become a customer..test it out and see if you can find your pin.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gblackma wrote:

Not any SIM code...the PIN. This is chosen by the customer at activation and sent as a text. And it is stored on the phone in the SIM by default on the first phone that the SIM went in to.

Otherwise one needs to contact the mods to reset it.

@dleathem  if it's the same phone that you started Public Mobile with and you have an Android.

Try this

Open text message app.

Click 3 dots on the top right.

Click settings

Click advanced

Click "Sim card messages"

You might be able to get your pin from there.

@dleathem Have you ever set up your my account ? You would change/Set up your pin there. You can also add a new credit card etc too. Buy your addon from within there too. The same 2 step process. Add funds and then buy the addon. To set up one use this link https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

@dleathem wrote:

Yes I tried *611 and it requested a pin. I've had my account for a few years, and never used a PIN number, nor do I have any recollection of getting one. How do I get it reset?

@dleathem wrote:

Yes I tried *611 and it requested a pin. I've had my account for a few years, and never used a PIN number, nor do I have any recollection of getting one. How do I get it reset?

@dleathem  The PIN was set during activation. For help regading your PIN you need to submit a ticket to the Moderator Team.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

dleathem

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dleathem wrote:

No, I meant my self serve access is suspended. My account is active, I pay via vouchers, no issue there. Just trying to determine how I buy add-on

I don't quite get how your self serve is suspended. And I guess you're using the 611 service to remit vouchers. So yes you can use the 611 service to buy add-ons. You'll need your 4 digit PIN.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@dleathem Is your phone working? Then yes, you can use a voucher and 611 to apply payment . Its a two step procees, add the funds and then purchase the add on. Here's a 611 usage link diagram https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/611-IVR-Menu-System/m-p/289352/highlight/t...

@dleathem wrote:

Long story, but due to a credit card company error, my online account is suspended for a year. I want to purchase a roaming add-on, how do I do that without being able to access my self serve account? Can I use *611?

dleathem

No, I meant my self serve access is suspended. My account is active, I pay via vouchers, no issue there. Just trying to determine how I buy add-on

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@dleathem , suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days.  You can no longer reactivate the old account anymore.  You will have to purchase a SIM card and start from the beginning and activate a brand new account.  Sorry.  Smiley Sad

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dleathem wrote:

If you mean your Public Mobile account then no. It's deactivated and all gone. So which "online account"?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Are you saying your Public Mobile account hasn't been used for a year??

Account is closed and deleted after 90 days of no activity.. you will have to buy a new sim and create a new account with a new email address

Need Help? Let's chat.