cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public mobile plan no local calling no local text no nothing

Richardkt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is complete dog ---- I haven't had my phone for 2 days and i use it for my business public mobile says there the best company but they suck ---- every time i message them no response I'm tired of my active plan that I pay for not working what the ---- gives public mobile

21 REPLIES 21

pjmac177
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Your problem looks a lot like the one I had.  Check the thread or read this:

Just for the benefit of others, I am passing along the experience I had over the last couple of days in the event you run across the same thing.

My episode began when I could not get phone or text service, although internet was ok.  I began searching for the cause with the much appreciated help of members of this forum.  I finally determined that the SIM card needed to be replaced and I did so--that is when the fun started.  I could not add the new SIM because the SIM # on my account was NOT the SIM # in the phone!!  Then I tried to change my password, and could not do that.  I could be wrong, but that presented to me a hacked account.  

I sent two messages to the Mods, but never received a response.  I kept trying over the course of the day to change my SIM card #, and could not.  Suddenly, I was able to change it, along with the password, and all was fine.

I am assuming the Mods did something to the account to allow the change, but, if so, they did not advise me (and still haven't hours later).

So....if you lose service for no apparent reason, consider checking the SIM  # on your account to see if it matches the SIM # on the card in your phone.

Thanks again to all those who responded to my messages with very helpful advice.  If the Mods are alive, I'd like to know if you did something.

@StrayNat wrote:

I completely disagree. Since signing up PublicMobile has given me better service than Bell or Roger's at a quarter of the cost. Also..never drops my GPS or music in the areas that Bell always did. Not sure about their cuatomer service, as I've never needed it.

The cell phone carrier doesn't control GPS signal.  You don't even need cell phone service to use GPS, although you won't be able to view maps unless you have an internet connection or have downloaded the maps ahead of time.

jasond_71
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Well GPS and reception should be the same regardless Bell, Telus, public mobile as they all use the same towers. Only Rogers would be different. But like others have said, I've had terrible customer service with all 3:)

StrayNat

I completely disagree. Since signing up PublicMobile has given me better service than Bell or Roger's at a quarter of the cost. Also..never drops my GPS or music in the areas that Bell always did. Not sure about their cuatomer service, as I've never needed it.

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jasond_71 wrote:

I totally agree if you want prompt business service sign up with a higher tier and pay more. Although I have been on the phone for over an hour with Bell and Rogers and the support person was absolutely useless. I figured out more just going on line and searching the problems.

That's the sad reality - customer support is lacking all over the place these days. After various phone calls and plenty of time on the phone with Lucky Mobile's phone support didn't help, I made the move here. So yea, even if you can get someone on the phone relatively quickly, it doesn't always mean they will be able to solve your problems in a timely fashion. Though I would suspect there's a bit more priority given to people's problems when they are paying more.

jasond_71

I totally agree if you want prompt business service sign up with a higher tier and pay more. Although I have been on the phone for over an hour with Bell and Rogers and the support person was absolutely useless. I figured out more just going on line and searching the problems.

@willian wrote:

It has been more than 60 hours since I send the last message....

@willian  If you don't receive a response back from the moderators after 48 hours you should send them another message asking for a status update.

Hi @willian Just want to clarify things.. how did you send the message? I hope you know posting on here doesn't count.

willian

It has been more than 60 hours since I send the last message....

@Richardkt, I'm a 3-year member here, and it's been the best, and most reliable service I've ever had.  The value alone is what brought me here, the coverage and rewards have kept me here.

@Richardkt  Well everyone here are a user of Public Mobile not an employee. Since this is where people come to have support usually 100 at a time, of course the majority are going to have issues. Just like you go to a hospital or clinic, and expect most people are sick.. You won't go out and say everyone on the street is sick because people in the hospital is sick, would you? I mentioned in another thread.. Telus have 8.5+ million subscribers and according to CCTS Public has the lowest # of complaints within in the Telus group, number in the hundreds.. and Telus is second lowest among the telcos, (the lowest # of complaints is Freedom). It sucks, but someone statistically has to bite the bullet, unfortunately it is you.

I personally helped and have about a dozen of PM accounts, knock on wood, no problems yet.. yet for my business I still rely on Rogers.. just because I know the support is there. It is a balance between cost and customer support.. PM is obviously optimizes on cost. Just like the very ancient saying, you never get fired for buying IBM or HP.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Richardkt wrote:

Lol so your saying the solution is to move to a different network because public mobile is so stank alright everyone that has issues with there phone plans or anything like that problem solved more to bell or another provider XD bye PM and your **bleep**ty support lol

He said nothing of the sort.

Each of the big 3 providers have 3 levels of products.

Top/mid/base:

Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile

Bell/Virgin/Lucky

Rogers/Fido/Chatr

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Richardkt wrote:

Lol so your saying the solution is to move to a different network because public mobile is so stank alright everyone that has issues with there phone plans or anything like that problem solved more to bell or another provider XD bye PM and your **bleep**ty support lol

In general, you get what you pay for. At public mobile, you get cheaper plans, but less timely support. Which is great when everything's working as expected. If you need your phone for business or another important reason where any problems must be dealt with immediately, then your best option may be paying more at a higher tier service.

It really just depends on where your priorities lie. Do you want a cheap phone plan? Or do you want access to faster support?

Richardkt

lexielexie157

thanks @sunflowershine Appreciate your messsage.  Still waiting...

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@RichardktI am sorry to hear about your issues. I am curious where did Public Mobile say they are the best? Their webpage seems to emphasis on savings. If your business depends on the service, I really suggest moving to a higher tier service providers instead of the basic flanker brands. Even Koodo will offer you phone support, in exchange for higher month cost. Let say Telus group has 100 tech support / moderator_team staff, as a business person don't you think it will be wise for them to allocate most of them to higher tier customers instead of less ones? That's the reality and here we are.

jasond_71

What is the problem?

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lexielexie157  Seemed it is PM's problem for there are some customers experiencing no service too. It will be hard for someone who has work phone at PM. Hope they can solve it soon. 

lexielexie157

The mod responded to me saying a ticket had been placed for the technical department to look into it, but no timeline as to how long that would take. That shouldve been done days ago...  If I have to wait much longer I'm leaving Public Mobile along with my 2 familty members because this is totally unacceptable. 

I would suggest that you contact a mod asking it to be escalated to the tech department now. 

Good luck and hope you get yours working much sooner than me!

lexielexie157

There must something wrong at Public Mobile's end, because I'm in the exact same boat with no service since last Thursday.....I have received delayed messages back from the moderator, but with errors and no solutions yet...If my situation isn't resolved soon I have no choice but to leave Public Mobile because this is ridiculous...

I hope you have better luck than me...

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Richardkt wrote:

This is complete dog ---- I haven't had my phone for 2 days and i use it for my business public mobile says there the best company but they suck ---- every time i message them no response I'm tired of my active plan that I pay for not working what the ---- gives public mobile

OK...so what's the problem with your service ? Generally, the moderators respond within 48 hours but usually less.

Need Help? Let's chat.