PM used to have the 500MB

I think PM needs to have it denominations of:

250MB

500MB

750MB

1GB

1.5GB

2GB

This way, People can then choose WHAT fits their needs per say.

Just saying, I think the 200MB and 1GB is Not enough variety at times

15 REPLIES 15

@srlawren wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

Addon prices are pretty competitive when used as a buffer for going over allocated data. Especially when other brands charge about 80$ /gb

With the 500mb bonus on the 30$ plan, most people on the $25$ talk and text + addon data should consider making the switch.

I suppose it depends on how you look at it.  Perhaps, I got too used the $10/GB overages from about maybe 5 years ago.  These add-on prices aren't for me, but my opinion could change on that if I did ended up needing more data.

@computergeek541 @mimmo I believe the in-market rate right now at the 2nd and 3rd tiers (or at least some of them) is $10 / 100 MB which equates to ONE HUNDRED CANADIAN SMACKERS per GB.  Compared to that, buying a $30 1GB add-on is positively thrifty.

EDIT: for example: https://community.koodomobile.com/plans-add-ons-66722/koodo-data-overage-100-gb-now-7790698

@srlawrenI have been with just about every cell phone provider, but last I ported from Koodo to come here, the last straw was $10/100mb.

"Additional data $10/100 MB; additional talk rates $0.60/min"

Even on the 12gb plan, its + $10/100.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541 wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

Addon prices are pretty competitive when used as a buffer for going over allocated data. Especially when other brands charge about 80$ /gb

With the 500mb bonus on the 30$ plan, most people on the $25$ talk and text + addon data should consider making the switch.

I suppose it depends on how you look at it.  Perhaps, I got too used the $10/GB overages from about maybe 5 years ago.  These add-on prices aren't for me, but my opinion could change on that if I did ended up needing more data.

@computergeek541 @mimmo I believe the in-market rate right now at the 2nd and 3rd tiers (or at least some of them) is $10 / 100 MB which equates to ONE HUNDRED CANADIAN SMACKERS per GB.  Compared to that, buying a $30 1GB add-on is positively thrifty.

EDIT: for example: https://community.koodomobile.com/plans-add-ons-66722/koodo-data-overage-100-gb-now-7790698

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This thread took exactly two posts to wander off to a whole other discussion from the thread title.

These endless suggestion threads from the OP should really be in The Lounge.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@makkahn28 wrote:

PM used to have the 500MB

I think PM needs to have it denominations of:

250MB

500MB

750MB

1GB

1.5GB

2GB

This way, People can then choose WHAT fits their needs per say.

Just saying, I think the 200MB and 1GB is Not enough variety at times

@makkahn28What if I want 1.27GB??? Don't discriminate against my data needs. You need to consider others too.

What about a 10MB add-on?

10MB

20MB

30MB

40MB

50MB

Actually no, how about 1MB?

1MB data plan

2MB

3MB

4MB

Actually! no!...... lets do kilobyte

1KB

2KB

3KB

Wait I am being too short sighted, lets do add-ons by bits.

1bit data plan

2bits

3bits

4bits

5bits

6bits

7bits

8bits

9bits

They should allow up to 100gb data add-on, in denominations by single bits.

Have Alan_K add 107,374,182,400 new add-ons. Perfect.

mimmo

@stonechucker wrote:

So, long story, I was looking at the $10 + 1 GB data add-on, activate, and leave it alone.  $10 every 30 days for a back-up device with what I need to cope in a certain situation, and hope to never require it.

Hmm... I may still do this.

why not  just have a sim card on hand ready to activate.  or activate let expire and renew every 85 days,  and if/when needed renew the plan.

we are very lucky to have rollover data addons I dont  think chatr or lucky do.  

@makkahn28 wrote:

IF the prices were:

200MB = $4

500MB = $8

1GB = $15

Would these be considered Fair in your opinion?

What Prices would YOU consider Fair Price for Roll Over Add-On?

Better to have some debate this way IF the Mods are paying some attention, they may take que to some opinions that may make some sense

While those prices might be fair and reasonable in other parts of the world, unfortunately we need drastic changes to see those prices here in Canada.  I see no reason to purchase the smaller data addon bucket unless you are only in Canada for a short time.  With the addons not expiring and staying on your account until fully consumed it makes no sense to buy the smaller addon.

As well @makkahn28 the Mods here have nothing to do with pricing they are the service agents and not the ones that make up plans or pricing.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

I've considered getting a back-up plan setup, in case something were to happen to my daily driver, such as what happened to me last summer.  I lost my phone why cycling to work.

Luckily, it was only 11 hours between losing it and getting it returned, but not having something to converse with the person who found it while I had 'nothing' was difficult.

Thank goodness for online tracking of the device, and the person answering my phone when I called it.  

So, long story, I was looking at the $10 + 1 GB data add-on, activate, and leave it alone.  $10 every 30 days for a back-up device with what I need to cope in a certain situation, and hope to never require it.

Hmm... I may still do this.

Also, I try to have Reserve Add-On Data incase I accidently have to use More if Wifi is not working at Home, OR College

IF the prices were:

200MB = $4

500MB = $8

1GB = $15

Would these be considered Fair in your opinion?

What Prices would YOU consider Fair Price for Roll Over Add-On?

Better to have some debate this way IF the Mods are paying some attention, they may take que to some opinions that may make some sense

Here's the Logic

For 200MB, $10 and then adding the Tax

For the 1GB, $30 + tax

200MB x 5 would Certainly exceed the 1GB Price

The 200MB should have been priced $4 as the $10 is Kinda insane

The 1GB should have been priced $15

The Prices definitely Need to be given MUCH thought and revisions as it is.

BUT, Just my own opinion, More Variety of Add-Ons at least, Even IF they Brought back the 500MB

mimmo

@computergeek541 wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@computergeek541lots has changed in the last 5 years.   but typically, isn't it cheaper to renew early vs buying the addon as $/gb is much smaller.

@mimmo wrote:

mimmo

I'd settle just for lower pricing. Competitively speaking, I just don't find these data add-ons to be priced very well, with the exception that unused data doesn't expire.  Clearly, these data add-ons are geared towrads low data use customers, so I'm uncertain how beneficial data amounts at the higher end would be.  To my knowledge, data add-ons can be stacked on topped of each other. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

No need at all. Add-ons are stackable.

Need Help? Let's chat.