cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Public Mobile should add 3G data addons

Public Mobile currently offers data addons. However, at the current rates of $10/200MB or $30/1GB, it’s expensive and appears to be billed at the LTE rates, as the $30 1GB data only plan is also LTE.

 

Considering that Public Mobile recently added the $5 500 Canada-wide calling addon for customers to use when they are over the allowance, having some 3G data addons to supplement usage for customers who go over their allowance would be very helpful as well.  

At a cheaper rate than the LTE addons, everyone might just end up spending more money because it’s cheaper by the gigabyte!

 

What do you think?  I think it would be very helpful for customers who like the 3G speeds and it’s rates and would like to be able to exceed their allowance at a reasonable rate.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Public Mobile should add 3G data addons

 @SomeFriend 

To add to the confusion...the data add-ons will come up as LTE if your base plan has LTE OR no data component. The add-ons will come up as "3G" if you have a "3G" data component in your base plan.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Public Mobile should add 3G data addons


@SomeFriend wrote:

Public Mobile currently offers data addons. However, at the current rates of $10/200MB or $30/1GB, it’s expensive and appears to be billed at the LTE rates, as the $30 1GB data only plan is also LTE.

 

Considering that Public Mobile recently added the $5 500 Canada-wide calling addon for customers to use when they are over the allowance, having some 3G data addons to supplement usage for customers who go over their allowance would be very helpful as well.  

At a cheaper rate than the LTE addons, everyone might just end up spending more money because it’s cheaper by the gigabyte!

 

What do you think?  I think it would be very helpful for customers who like the 3G speeds and it’s rates and would like to be able to exceed their allowance at a reasonable rate.


I believe that's been suggested many times around here.  Add-on data is quite expensive but at least it doesn't expire.  We can hope thoughSmiley Happy

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Public Mobile should add 3G data addons

@z10user4 Yes, I’m aware of that.  I’m personally a bit confused why they will bill LTE rates and still provision the data as 3G.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Public Mobile should add 3G data addons


@SomeFriend wrote:

@z10user4 Yes, I’m aware of that.  I’m personally a bit confused why they will bill LTE rates and still provision the data as 3G.


I was just adding to the confusion. I agree with your suggestion. Good luck with that though Smiley Happy

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Public Mobile should add 3G data addons

@dabr Well, I’d like to bring it up again, with the newer limited plans (the $10 and $15 plans), they don’t come with a lot of usage included.  Talk is now being supplemented cheaply with the $5 500 Canada-wide minute addon, but where’s the data (and text)?

Mayor / Maire

Re: Public Mobile should add 3G data addons


@SomeFriend wrote:

@dabr Well, I’d like to bring it up again, with the newer limited plans (the $10 and $15 plans), they don’t come with a lot of usage included.  Talk is now being supplemented cheaply with the $5 500 Canada-wide minute addon, but where’s the data (and text)?


I've actually asked for this myself, maybe a couple of months ago, and I know I've read other posts suggesting the same.  So I'll second your motion for sureSmiley Happy

Re: Public Mobile should add 3G data addons

Overage charges at all the big 3 carriers are $8/100 mb, or more, or $80 a GB.

 

if you consider that $30 for 1 GB or data at the either speed is still cheaper than the big guys.

 

 

Mayor / Maire

Re: Public Mobile should add 3G data addons


@stonechucker wrote:

Overage charges at all the big 3 carriers are $8/100 mb, or $80 a GB.

 

if you consider that $30 for 1 GB or data at the either speed is still cheaper than the big guys.

 

 


I believe some of the other carriers do offer cheaper data add-ons but the catch is they don't roll over like PM's.  So from that perspective PM's price is pretty good, but still a bit on the expensive side.  We can hope that one day they might get a little cheaper thoughSmiley Happy

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Public Mobile should add 3G data addons

Well I’m hoping at least they’ll match Chatr and Lucky.  Chatr charges $5 for 500MB.  Lucky also charges $5 for 500MB and also has choices of $10 for 1GB and $15 for 2GB.  These are way better rates than the $30/1GB that Public has.