cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile's Koodo Offer

d4w_public
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does anyone know what the "Conditions Apply" refers to?

a) Can I bring my spouse's account to koodo and apply this promo OR will it only apply for the publicmobile account that received the text?

b) Does koodo have a monthly system access fee?

c) Does koodo have a one time activation fee?

d) Is Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) included?

Offer:

Bring your own phone & switch to a monthly plan with our sister-brand, Koodo to receive:

* 100 Canada-wide minutes and

* UNLIMITED International text for ONLY $15 per month AND

* a $30 bill credit

Redeem at your nearest Koodo location or online at https://Koo.do/choosekoodo

Validation code is your phone number

Offer ends June 30, 2018

Conditions apply.

43 REPLIES 43

ricksanchez
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Koodo does indeed offer the better plan, 50 minutes from PM seem to include incoming calls...

Why is PM not doing anything about it?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

IMHO, most kids/teens these days don't make many calls, but they do a lot of texting.  The unlimited texting alone may make this a better plan for kids/teens.  For elderly parents, the extra 50 mins may be more helpful (though my 78 year old mother generally uses about 600-700 texts a month, she'd be out with the $10/50/50 plan in a day or two, for example).  

For anyone looking at that $15 plan at Koodo but worried about unexpected data charges, Koodo does offer a $2/month data blocking add-on.  It still allows MMS messages but nothing else.  So you don't have to worry about your kids accidentally burning through some data by not noticing they weren't actually on the wi-fi.  This is generally the biggest "worry" with post-paid plans (other than many credit check up front for some folks), so this could help mitigate that, albeit at a slightly increased price again.

All in all, for $17/month (with the data block), to be able to give to a child or young teenage so they can text all they want and still Snapchat/Instgram/whatever the kids are doing these days while on WiFi without worrying about data bills, it could be a pretty compelling offering.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

@Luddite wrote:

Another downside, is the move to post-paid (I  assume this plan will be post paid?).

there are some benefits to post page, as long as you dont go over your minutes and data and texting.  you get kiosk support, invoices, call centre, small tab maybe,usage history, a working website, but not really sure that is worth the exta 7$/ month.

Another downside, is the move to post-paid (I  assume this plan will be post paid?).

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@stonechucker wrote:

@ShawnC13 They’re probably tired of bombarding the Fall Promo Account’s lol

Too bad, no more love for the 2016 fall promo crowd.  Of course, we yelled loudly when we are targeted.  That may have scared everyone off.  But then again, we were the only ones to be whacked with the big stick if we did not leave. 

mimmo

@ShawnC13 wrote:

I am very surprised to read that they have a targeted migration offer for the $10 talk and text plan. It hasn't even been around for that long lol

I assumed that was the plan but wanted confirmation.    I don't think i would take the offer though,  its almost double the price $10-2= 8 vs $15, granted you get unlimited texts and an extra 50 minutes,  that can easily be overcome by renewing a plan early occasionally or by buying the long distance addon.

@ShawnC13 They’re probably tired of bombarding the Fall Promo Account’s lol

I am very surprised to read that they have a targeted migration offer for the $10 talk and text plan. It hasn't even been around for that long lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@d4w_public, these plans are account targeted.  When you sign up at a Kiosk, over the phone or online for this migration offer, you will be required to supply the promo code which I believe is GOKOODO15TT30 plus eligible phone number.  This restricts you from using any substitions.  Activating online is free, $30 at a store.  In fact with Koodo, all transactions that can be done online carries a fee if done at a store or through call center.  BTW, what service is your wife on?  If it is a different Public Mobile plan, just wait a bit and a migration offer will likely come along.  If she is not with Public Mobile, these kind of incentives make it worthwhile to join.  While you are still a customer, you can refer her and earn rewards. 

mimmo

@d4w_public  what plan are you currently on?

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@d4w_public answer for your questions a/ it will only apply for the public mobile account that received the text.

b) Does koodo have a monthly system access fee? NO

c/ Koodo has one time system activation fee is $30

d/. Yes MMS included

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@d4w_public wrote:

Does anyone know what the "Conditions Apply" refers to?

a) Can I bring my spouse's account to koodo and apply this promo OR will it only apply for the publicmobile account that received the text?

b) Does koodo have a monthly system access fee?

c) Does koodo have a one time activation fee?

d) Is Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) included?

- The koodo offer asks for Verfication code as well which is your phone number. Some have tried to use that on another line, but if they force you to port in your pm number then your spouse can't get this deal.

- No additional fees for system access

- Yes, mms will be included.  

Need Help? Let's chat.