cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile offer to Switch to Koodo

va3twt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I saw on the internet today that Public Mobile is emailing out codes to select customers to switch to a Koodo $45.00 / 8 GB plan.  I emailed a moderator that basically said I was out of luck because I wasn't one of the "chosen" (my words) customers to get the email with the needed Code to take advantage of this offer.  Anybody else see this offer on the web? 

Anybody else feel discriminated against by not receiving the email with the Code?

Not good business practices in my opinion.

9 REPLIES 9

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@va3twt The parent company is all about making more money, so they want to target people on PM who were previously with Koodo.  PM has sent SMS message to targeted subscribers.  I actually hate receiving thiese messages because I don’t wish to leave this carrier as it suits my needs.

va3twt

Your analogy doesn't hold water.  All the stores customers have the opportunity to buy the Coke on sale.  Not the case with this plan.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@va3twt wrote:

I saw on the internet today that Public Mobile is emailing out codes to select customers to switch to a Koodo $45.00 / 8 GB plan.  I emailed a moderator that basically said I was out of luck because I wasn't one of the "chosen" (my words) customers to get the email with the needed Code to take advantage of this offer.  Anybody else see this offer on the web? 

Anybody else feel discriminated against by not receiving the email with the Code?

Only select plans were offered this migration deal. It isn't discrimination it is a targeted promo.  If a grocery store put Coke on sale but you only drink Pepsi are they discriminating you?

Your analogy doesn't hold water.  All of the store's customers have the opportunity to buy the Coke.  Not so with this plan.

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yeah at somepoint Telus will try and upgrade PM customers to Koodo.

It's happened to all of us lol. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Who said life was fair?  Unless you know the circumstances, it's hard to preach fairness.  

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wow, that's really a good deal for the lucky few who got it. Definitely making me a little salty

marvinliu

Check your private message please.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@va3twt

YMMV on the code.  Every few months, they will send the code out.  Maybe you will be lucky next time.  It is usually a text message.  

If you do research online, some people have tried the generic code with their PM phone number on the Koodo website and were able to get the deal.  But YMMV.

Here is the RFD thread:

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/koodo-45-8gb-public-mobile-winback-offer-ymmv-2213266/

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@va3twt wrote:

Only select plans were offered this migration deal. It isn't discrimination it is a targeted promo.  If a grocery store put Coke on sale but you only drink Pepsi are they discriminating you?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

tsabergh

If you need the 8GB $45 plan check kijiji / local classifieds a few people selling them

Need Help? Let's chat.