cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile down?

Piero1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is public mobile having issues? I ported my number last week, it took them five days to locate my number as they lost it in cyber space. Literally lost it because Koodo had an order for it to be ported. 

Now today ten days after initially signing up my phone says no service. My daughter tried calling me and it says my number is out of service. Of course I messaged public mobile nearly three hours ago and they have not responded. So who else has no service? To top it off I live in the country and my internet is down. Not a mess like public mobile where my phone number apparently doesn’t exist just down, its typical but super annoying so now what.... I’ve gone through 1/4 of my daughters data porting my phone to hers and I’ve only used iMessage, email and checked here to see if public mobile would do their job and fix my service. My account says active.... 

67 REPLIES 67

Piero1

First thing I did. 

Piero1

I tried the lost thing. Said it was lost turned it off. Turned it on said it was found. Nope. Turned it off and on. Nope. Problem is if you call me it says my number isn’t in service. However the account, according to PM is active. It doesn’t renew until the 29th of June. 

Piero1

I contacted them during business hours 4 hours ago. No response. Second time in two weeks no phone. The first time it was 4/5 days. 

Piero1

Less then two weeks and twice no service....

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Piero1 , what you are reporting is absolutely not representative of the service, not to say that such issues can't happen.  Koodo ports are literally instantaneous because the number stays within the Telus family.  It is rare to see active accounts being non functional.  Contact the moderator team as already suggested and they should be able to correct everything for you.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Piero1  No, PM is not down.While you are waiting for the moderator to respond, you may try the lost/stolen phone trick:

To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait a few minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Try contacting a moderator, they should be able to see what's going on with your account. Here's how to contact one. Personally, I'm not experiencing any outages but I hope your issue is resolved quickly. 

Need Help? Let's chat.