cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Public Mobile down?

@Piero1 wrote:

I contacted them during business hours 4 hours ago. No response. Second time in two weeks no phone. The first time it was 4/5 days. 

Also, just because you contact the moderators during business hours doesn't guarantee you'll get a fast response. It all depends on how many messages they have waiting in the queue. The website says wait times can be 48 hours during peak times.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Check the number on the SIM card in your phone vs the number on your Public Mobile account.  If they are different, you have the same problem I had!!

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The number says it doesn’t exist no machine no nothing. 

@Moderator_Team it’s been 5 business hours since I messaged. You claim to answer in 2 business hours. This is a business line and you are now effecting my livelihood. 

Mayor / Maire

@Piero1 wrote:

I tried the lost thing. Said it was lost turned it off. Turned it on said it was found. Nope. Turned it off and on. Nope. Problem is if you call me it says my number isn’t in service. However the account, according to PM is active. It doesn’t renew until the 29th of June. 

@Piero1Definitely an issue with the port. Unfortunately your at the mercy of the moderators to fix it. I suspect it's taking this long because they probably opened up a ticket with their technical support department and are waiting for findings. Either way they should have contacted you by now.

Good Luck.

Mayor / Maire

It is a good idea if you are using your phone for business to have a secondary number with a another provider.

Moderator hours extended from 8am to 12 am M-F (used to be 9am to 9pm)

and 3 1/2 hours from 8am to 10 pm Sa-Su (used to be 9am to 7:30pm)

Mayor / Maire

@Piero1 

Moderator wait times are up to 48 hours according to official policy.  Recent response times have been 1-2 days, so hopefully, you will get response today.  

Something to think about...  personally, I would not recommend Public mobile as a business line.  The savings is not worth it due to the potential issues with reliability as you have discovered.  Issues with service are not common, but when service is disrupted, it usually takes 1-2 days for service to be restored.  Sometimes even longer.

It is the complete disregard and lack of communication on the @Moderator_Team that I find infuriating. 

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Piero1Unfortunately the less support is where you save a buck or two. I am surprised you moved your business line from Koodo to PM to be honest.

I am clearly leaning this the hard way. This is ridiculous Koodo/Telus/Public Mobile are the same provider. Bell and Telus share towers. Canada’s price gouging cell phone providers needs to end! 

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Piero1They run as a business, just like you do.. you don't expect economy class customers to get the same seats / treatment as first class or business class travellers right (eg their check in lines are shorter, just like Telus and Koodo's customer service)? Since your port failed you mind as well call Koodo and switch back.