cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile down?

Piero1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is public mobile having issues? I ported my number last week, it took them five days to locate my number as they lost it in cyber space. Literally lost it because Koodo had an order for it to be ported. 

Now today ten days after initially signing up my phone says no service. My daughter tried calling me and it says my number is out of service. Of course I messaged public mobile nearly three hours ago and they have not responded. So who else has no service? To top it off I live in the country and my internet is down. Not a mess like public mobile where my phone number apparently doesn’t exist just down, its typical but super annoying so now what.... I’ve gone through 1/4 of my daughters data porting my phone to hers and I’ve only used iMessage, email and checked here to see if public mobile would do their job and fix my service. My account says active.... 

67 REPLIES 67

@xfx12 

Why on earth would you pay out $15 -$300 a month (30 days) in add ons when you could get a full service mobile plan with the big three with 25gb of "unlimited" data for between $45 and $75?

xfx12

I don't really care about lowering my bill.  I spend about 15 to 300 per month in add ons. I buy the maximum plan every month. I care about efficient service for the money I spend.  That is, I do not expect a company to down their service for scheduled maintenance without informing me; especially when that costs me money.  Please do not patronize me by telling me you are "smart around here". Obviously, this is an organization stuck in the 90s.  It takes 20 min's to load funds to your online account.  It is joke. 

@xfx12 

Thanks we are pretty smart around here......we all know how to manage our service with an online only mobile service provider so when shhhh....stuff happens we have the tools to handle it or work around it. Why not stick around and learn how to do the same? You might even earn a community reward to help lower your bill!

xfx12

To the Einstein's that replied: it was stated as scheduled maintenance.  When you have scheduled maintenance, you tell your customers. 

@xfx12 wrote:

This is absolutely rediculous.  No forewarning.  The website is already operating like something from 1990s. I need to make an add on for business purposes.  I think this unreliable network is finished for me. 

So.....if you move on...keep in mind to rule out Telus,  Bell, Koodo, Public Mobile, Virgin, Lucky, Solo, and Bell MTS

@Anonymous wrote:

I am a very low user. My phone is my portable handheld internet access device. There's lotsa wifi around. I survived. 🙂

@Anonymous I love free wifi. I used about 30 MB of my 250 on the plan last month. Definitely not a super user. I can't see me ever getting to the 5GB bonus that I received.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kb_mv wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The other day I wasn't able to send a text. Data wasn't connecting either. I thought oh here we go, I've been jacked. I was out though and couldn't do very much other than finally Suspending service and just left it 'til I got home. Got home and it seemed everything was fine.

Apparently an outage. Stuff happens.

@Anonymous How ever did you manage with no texting or data????

I am a very low user. My phone is my portable handheld internet access device. There's lotsa wifi around. I survived. 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

The other day I wasn't able to send a text. Data wasn't connecting either. I thought oh here we go, I've been jacked. I was out though and couldn't do very much other than finally Suspending service and just left it 'til I got home. Got home and it seemed everything was fine.

@Anonymous How ever did you manage with no texting or data????

Anonymous
Not applicable

@xfx12 wrote:

This is absolutely rediculous.  No forewarning.  The website is already operating like something from 1990s. I need to make an add on for business purposes.  I think this unreliable network is finished for me. 

Yes I must agree. I would like a forewarning for the next traffic accident about to happen, the next forest fire, the next torrential rain, the next wind storm, the next tsunami,  the next earthquake, the next tampering of the Sea to Sky Gondola or any other act of God that could cause "ME" an inconvenience.  We just can't live like this!!!😉

@xfx12 

Do you have a card registered for autopay? Some add ons can be purchased thru 611 but you must know your pin #. If it is vital that you have the add on try contacting the moderators using private messaging and put URGENT purchase add on. Maybe you will luck out and get some late night service. Be sure to include a detailed message and include the following:

1. Full name and address on your account 

2. Email, pin # and phone #.

If you don't remember your pin # include at least 3 of the following:

1. Last payment, amount, date, type and last 4 digits.
  2. Alternate phone # if any.
  3. Date of birth.
  4. Plan amount, recent changes, any add ons on account.
  5. Security question and answer. 
  6. Frequently called/texted numbers.

Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times. Wait times average 2 to 4 hours up to 48 hours for non urgent requests.

xfx12

@JK8 

Outages happen....this is the first time for me since i switched over a year ago. When i call another pm customer it just shows trying to dial then goes straight to voicemail.

@golsen wrote:

The Public Mobile system is down right now for people in Vancouver BC! Cannot access the webpage, cannot receive calls, cannot check voicemail and cannot call, even *611 does not work! Looks like you guys were hacked or something. People need their telecom service folks! Keeps on saying "all circuits are down". And I am on autopay that was successfully renewed yesterday. Come on! This makes people regret having switched to you guys.

Hi @golsen  seems there is Telux Outage all over.  Toronto is ok.... so far

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus 

November 18: Problems at Telus

The most recent outage reports and issues originated from  Burnaby, Edmonton, Surrey, Calgary, Williams Lake, Sherwood Park, Vancouver, Pemberton, Quesnel, Halifax, Montreal, Kamloops, Lethbridge, Cranbrook and Montmagny

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@golsen wrote:

The Public Mobile system is down right now for people in Vancouver BC! Cannot access the webpage, cannot receive calls, cannot check voicemail and cannot call, even *611 does not work! Looks like you guys were hacked or something. People need their telecom service folks! Keeps on saying "all circuits are down". And I am on autopay that was successfully renewed yesterday. Come on! This makes people regret having switched to you guys.

Check for outages:

https://www.telus.com/en/qc/outages

Maple Ridge is working ...but lots of wind. 

golsen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@pjmac177 wrote:

Well.....I just sent a long detailed response here, but it does not appear to have been posted.  Maybe I was not properly logged in, but (edited)----delete the whole post???

Hello.  I've removed some inappropriate language from this message based on rules of this Community.

Forr messages that seemingly vanish, this is probably an automated website process.  I don't have the exact numbers but if someone edits a post a few times within a short amount of time (let's say about 1 minute), or if someone posts more than a few messages in very short amount of time, the system assumes that there's no way that an actual person is behind that and that it's an automated computer on the other end posting some unsolicited advertising.  The messages get marked as spam.

pjmac177
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks for the interest.  I cannot find the autosave function on my profile.  Disappointed.

@pjmac177 there is an autosave function.. try going into your profile.. and if it has autosave it should be on the right hand column.. you can click on either Load or Delete AFAIK

pjmac177

Well.....I just sent a long detailed response here, but it does not appear to have been posted.  Maybe I was not properly logged in, but (edited)----delete the whole post???

edited by computergeek541 based on community guidelines

dmacdougall

Did you ever get fixed.

Piero1

I was asked to post the solution when it was found. The @CS_Agent has not found a solution and has escalated the issue to tech support. It has been 23 hours since receiving communication from the moderator team and I am anxiously awaiting a reply from my earlier message to them. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

As a business user.. here is the method to claim damages from Public Mobile per the Terms of Service which you had agreed to:

For business customers

What do I need to do to make a claim?

If you are a business customer, any claim, other than the collection of amounts owing to Public Mobile, relating to (i) your Agreement; (ii) use of the device or the service; (iii) sales materials or advertising relating to the device or the service; or (iv) relationships with third parties arising through use of the service, must be referred to private and confidential arbitration before a single arbitrator chosen by the parties. The expense of arbitration will be shared equally.

Notice to arbitrate a claim should be sent to Public Mobile, 25 York Street, 24th Floor, Toronto, Ontario, M5J 2S5, Attention: General Counsel. The arbitration will be conducted in accordance with the current rules relating to commercial arbitration in the province in which you reside. Additionally, you waive any right you may have to start or participate in any class action against Public Mobile and you agree to opt out of any class proceeding against Public Mobile.

@Piero1 wrote:

It’s been 17 hours. Six hours of business hours. I have back ups but my house internet is down.... I had to take my daughter’s cell phone today... no phone company has THESE issues. Number lost in cuber space for 5 days. Can’t fix the problem. Billing me three times for initial set up and refusing to refund my money when they were not authorized to take out three payments. I left for a reason. I thought maybe they had fixed some of their issues. I was with them for two years. Left for a year and now that I’m back it’s aparently worse then ever. 

Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on ....  You should have done some additional research especially if you had issues before with them.  To sign up again without checking to see what current issue were happening in the community probably would have saved you this headache as you probably wouldn't have come back.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Piero1

I will!

pjmac177

Good luck.  Very frustrating, as I have gone through it.  Not a business number,  but getting hacked or your identity stolen is very unnerving.

I still have not had the mods respond to my three requests started 3 days ago, but I believe they solved my problem in the background.

When you get time, can you report back??

Piero1

The four digits match and I have exhausted everything at this point. Moderator finally responded. Seven hours. Now I get to wait again...

pjmac177

So...do the 4 digits match???.  If so, I'd be looking elsewhere for solution

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pjmac177 wrote:

@Piero1 wrote:

I can not find my SIM card number on the account to check that. Where would I find that? It doesn’t say there is any usage what use would my number be to anyone. I run a small business no ones out to get me... if I had a big business I wouldn’t be trying to save $20/month...

Log into your account and on the first page under the "my profile" box you will find a line that says "change Sim card.  It will bring up a new page that shows the last 4 digets of the card that is supposed to be in your phone.  It MUST match the number on the back ot your actual SIM card

Unfortunately, as you say, it only shows the last 4 digits. I think it should show all digits.

Need Help? Let's chat.