cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile down?

Piero1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is public mobile having issues? I ported my number last week, it took them five days to locate my number as they lost it in cyber space. Literally lost it because Koodo had an order for it to be ported. 

Now today ten days after initially signing up my phone says no service. My daughter tried calling me and it says my number is out of service. Of course I messaged public mobile nearly three hours ago and they have not responded. So who else has no service? To top it off I live in the country and my internet is down. Not a mess like public mobile where my phone number apparently doesn’t exist just down, its typical but super annoying so now what.... I’ve gone through 1/4 of my daughters data porting my phone to hers and I’ve only used iMessage, email and checked here to see if public mobile would do their job and fix my service. My account says active.... 

67 REPLIES 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Piero1 wrote:

So I save 30% of the total bill? Yeah I know how that works. It’s not a free phone line! Everybody thinks that because I can “write it off” it’s free. I still pay for that service!

Yes. But you count it against your income which lowers your income tax bill. And you get to flow through the GST (or even HST if you have that) ie. net those taxes against what you collect in that you basically don't pay the GST either. You might be getting a little stipend for collecting provincial taxes too.

Not a lot of sympathy here. I DO have sympathy for your service problems and what *might* be happening to you.

Piero1

So I save 30% of the total bill? Yeah I know how that works. It’s not a free phone line! Everybody thinks that because I can “write it off” it’s free. I still pay for that service!

@Piero1for that 17 hours.. sounds like someone has been pillaging your identity.. good luck.

@Piero1 wrote:

It’s been 17 hours. Six hours of business hours. I have back ups but my house internet is down.... I had to take my daughter’s cell phone today... no phone company has THESE issues. Number lost in cuber space for 5 days. Can’t fix the problem. Billing me three times for initial set up and refusing to refund my money when they were not authorized to take out three payments. I left for a reason. I thought maybe they had fixed some of their issues. I was with them for two years. Left for a year and now that I’m back it’s aparently worse then ever. 

pjmac177
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Piero1 wrote:

I can not find my SIM card number on the account to check that. Where would I find that? It doesn’t say there is any usage what use would my number be to anyone. I run a small business no ones out to get me... if I had a big business I wouldn’t be trying to save $20/month...

Log into your account and on the first page under the "my profile" box you will find a line that says "change Sim card.  It will bring up a new page that shows the last 4 digets of the card that is supposed to be in your phone.  It MUST match the number on the back ot your actual SIM card

Piero1

It’s been 17 hours. Six hours of business hours. I have back ups but my house internet is down.... I had to take my daughter’s cell phone today... no phone company has THESE issues. Number lost in cuber space for 5 days. Can’t fix the problem. Billing me three times for initial set up and refusing to refund my money when they were not authorized to take out three payments. I left for a reason. I thought maybe they had fixed some of their issues. I was with them for two years. Left for a year and now that I’m back it’s aparently worse then ever. 

@Piero1Sounds like you got SIM jacked. and maybe it turns out someone is trying to get into your bank accounts or "out to get you" after all.

@Piero1 wrote:

Reading the SIM card number on the back of my card will not tell me the SIM card number that’s apparently on file. 

@Piero1I think that's the point.. it is a pressure point.. if you want better service move up to higher tiered Telus branches like Koodo (which you came from) or Telus. Honestly any half decent book keeper can turn your phone expenses into a business expense at tax return time.

Piero1

Reading the SIM card number on the back of my card will not tell me the SIM card number that’s apparently on file. 

@Piero1, you should have been here in December 2016.  21 day wait time for responses for the extremely popular Fall 2016 Promo.

Seriously friend, 6 hours isn't that long, and every cellular service has issues, and you shouldn't rely on just one system.  If I know my service(s) isn't working, I have backups that I can use to inform others to contact me at.

I am not affected by outages of any kind if something goes wrong on one service.

Piero1

You realize it’s been six hour of open business hours and apparently they are not able to respond yet.... why am I am paying them money? This has never happened with any other company!

@Piero1Have you checked the back of your SIM card for your SIM number?

Piero1

I can not find my SIM card number on the account to check that. Where would I find that? It doesn’t say there is any usage what use would my number be to anyone. I run a small business no ones out to get me... if I had a big business I wouldn’t be trying to save $20/month...

@Piero1You do understand it is a queue right? Where they answer messages as they come in, first come first serve (not just yours?)

Piero1

Also it’s not that it’s not fixed it’s that the @CS_Agent has not even responded to me. I was with public mobile a year ago and left. Now I came back. I am well aware they are not perfect but no response in six hours is not acceptable. Before I was told to send a single message and wait. If I sent more then one it would reset my place in cue every time. I sent a single message and I am still waiting! Now I’m raging them because this is ridiculous. 

pjmac177

@Piero1 wrote:

The number says it doesn’t exist no machine no nothing. 

@CS_Agent it’s been 5 business hours since I messaged. You claim to answer in 2 business hours. This is a business line and you are now effecting my livelihood. 

DID YOU CHECK THE SIM NUMBER??????

It is the number on your SIM card.  It should match the SIM number on your PM account.  If it doesn't, there is your problem.  May be hacked!!

Piero1

Yes I understand they have been online (now) for 2.5 hours today but I didn’t message them today. So now we are at the six hour mark with no response to my message from a @CS_Agent it says two hours but busier during peak times. Last week when my account was set up it took 4/5 days to port my number. It got lost in cyber space. This is not acceptable. 

@Piero1 wrote:

@CS_Agent it’s been 5 business hours since I messaged. You claim to answer in 2 business hours. This is a business line and you are now effecting my livelihood. 

Well the Moderators  have only been online for 2 hours now and it also states that it can take up to 48 hours in times where there is a heavier than normal work load.  As stated by others even though I have luckily never had a loss of service issue I would never recommend PM to anyone that relies on their phone for their income.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Piero1 wrote:

I am clearly leaning this the hard way. This is ridiculous Koodo/Telus/Public Mobile are the same provider. Bell and Telus share towers. Canada’s price gouging cell phone providers needs to end! 

@Piero1  Most of the hiccups occur during setup once you pass that hurdle then it's pretty much smooth sailing. Keep in mind that with PM you need to be proactive with your account and make sure you have enough funds in your account to cover renewal.

Also since you are using this line for business purposes it's good to have a backup something like VOIP.ms just in case there are issues.

@Piero1They run as a business, just like you do.. you don't expect economy class customers to get the same seats / treatment as first class or business class travellers right (eg their check in lines are shorter, just like Telus and Koodo's customer service)? Since your port failed you mind as well call Koodo and switch back.

Piero1

I am clearly leaning this the hard way. This is ridiculous Koodo/Telus/Public Mobile are the same provider. Bell and Telus share towers. Canada’s price gouging cell phone providers needs to end! 

@Piero1Unfortunately the less support is where you save a buck or two. I am surprised you moved your business line from Koodo to PM to be honest.

Piero1

It is the complete disregard and lack of communication on the @CS_Agent that I find infuriating. 

@Piero1 

Moderator wait times are up to 48 hours according to official policy.  Recent response times have been 1-2 days, so hopefully, you will get response today.  

Something to think about...  personally, I would not recommend Public mobile as a business line.  The savings is not worth it due to the potential issues with reliability as you have discovered.  Issues with service are not common, but when service is disrupted, it usually takes 1-2 days for service to be restored.  Sometimes even longer.

It is a good idea if you are using your phone for business to have a secondary number with a another provider.

Moderator hours extended from 8am to 12 am M-F (used to be 9am to 9pm)

and 3 1/2 hours from 8am to 10 pm Sa-Su (used to be 9am to 7:30pm)

@Piero1 wrote:

I tried the lost thing. Said it was lost turned it off. Turned it on said it was found. Nope. Turned it off and on. Nope. Problem is if you call me it says my number isn’t in service. However the account, according to PM is active. It doesn’t renew until the 29th of June. 

@Piero1Definitely an issue with the port. Unfortunately your at the mercy of the moderators to fix it. I suspect it's taking this long because they probably opened up a ticket with their technical support department and are waiting for findings. Either way they should have contacted you by now.

Good Luck.

Piero1

pjmac177

Check the number on the SIM card in your phone vs the number on your Public Mobile account.  If they are different, you have the same problem I had!!

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Piero1 wrote:

I contacted them during business hours 4 hours ago. No response. Second time in two weeks no phone. The first time it was 4/5 days. 

Also, just because you contact the moderators during business hours doesn't guarantee you'll get a fast response. It all depends on how many messages they have waiting in the queue. The website says wait times can be 48 hours during peak times.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dunkman wrote:

@Piero1 

Can you put your SIM card into another phone?  To determine whether it is hardware issue versus Public mobile service probem.  

You could try another trick.  Manually loading $1 into your balance.  That sometimes restarts your plan/account.  

Unfortunately, you probably need to wait for moderators again.....

Agreed with this suggestion - would you have another phone to try, or would you have a working PM sim card to try in your phone?

@Piero1 

Can you put your SIM card into another phone?  To determine whether it is hardware issue versus Public mobile service probem.  

You could try another trick.  Manually loading $1 into your balance.  That sometimes restarts your plan/account.  

Unfortunately, you probably need to wait for moderators again.....

Need Help? Let's chat.