Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Public Mobile Global Text

What country are you trying to text?
Mayor / Maire

All countries are included, it shouldn't be a problem. Please tell me more.
Mayor / Maire

I would try a few more numbers
Mayor / Maire

@manypips I'm struggling to understand the issue.  First of all, your plan can't change on its own.  Secondly, as of about mid-summer, PM no longer even offers any plans that include Canada-wide texting only--they only offer either global texting or no texting, it's all or nothing.

The only thing I can think of is that you misunderstood what "global" texting meant, and thought it meant you could send and receive text messages *from* anywhere on the globe.  That is, you could travel to USA, France, Europe, China, Australia, India, etc., and be able to send and receive texts?  If that sense, the global texting could be considered "only Canada" because it allows you to text with people around the globe but only while you are physically in Canada.  Is this what you're talking about?

If not, could you please provide some more details of your situation?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I looked at my account detail is canada only, not global txt when I joined.

Mayor / Maire

@manypips okay I'm sorry but I still don't understand.  Depending when you signed up, yes there may have been a choice of either Canada-wide texting or what was at the time called international texting (now called global texting).  

So, do you need any assistance?  Do you have any questions?  All I've seen so far are some ambiguous statements.  Please try to express the issue if you are indeed having one.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Mayor / Maire

I guess you joined before global was the only option.

I'm glad I read this post - I misunderstood and thought that I could text back home to Canada while in Europe - but you said that you can only text from Canada to other countries.  Does PM have an add-on (for a month) that will let me text from abroad?

Mayor / Maire

@Jules1795 

Only if in the USA, you can buy a 10 day US roaming package.  Unfortunately, PM does not have other international roaming packages. 

Thanks for the quick response - I guess my only option will be to use whatsapp to keep in touch.  Good to know before I head off!