cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile FAIL

brzl_nut
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Woooow I'm not sure I'll be staying with you guys. A port error results in not having a number for another 2 weeks.  You have no problem taking money for service I can't use for another 2 weeks. And the excuse given? Haha I don't buy it.

Brutal FAIL Public Mobile, horrible customer service.

7 REPLIES 7

brent_liza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Have you tried contacting Fido to ask them the status of the port on their end? It is the responsibility of us as account holders to also see too why the number hasn't been released.  Some companies will not release the phone number if there is a past due, partially suspended or full suspension of the account. Also, number portability may not be available in your area. I am not saying that you have any of these they are just suggestions. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@brzl_nut, it is definitely your prerogative to seek help from the CCTS if you feel a cellular provider has transgress the rules.  I sense that there is a huge element of user error here.  You mentioned about having to go through a waiting period for a port submission.  To me this means, you used up your one port per 30 days and if that is the case, there is nothing anyone can do for you, not even the CCTS.  I am not going to defend this service and say that the activation process is a walk in the park.  It is sometimes like a walk in a mine field.  However, for all the faults, it is usually possible to have the service up and running within the same day.  It would be useful if you could elaborate more on exactly what happened.  We can help you with avoiding these pitfalls in the future.  It would assist other customers as well.  The online model is the way of the future, so it is best to be well equipped on the self serve experience.

@brzl_nut That moderator answer is incorrect. Please click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and an explanation. In the subject line put "PLEASE FORWWARD TO SHAZIA - port hung up". Feel free to say I told you to do so.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

brzl_nut
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was porting a Fido number and it 90% works. Fido is having trouble retrieving it and the moderator says she can't do anything about it cause only 1 port per month allowed. She's like wait 2 weeks or create a new account.  I then asked if I created a new account, if they would credit the new account since I paid for it and got no answer. Radio silence. They'll gladly take your money and tell you to figure it out. Wow.

Yes I've spoken to a mod and she won't do anything.  I know you guys can't help but want people to know this info.

I can't believe there are no supervisors here. CRTC is gonna get an email for sure.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@brzl_nut have you been in contact with the moderator team?  They were not able to resolve this for you?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Definitely frustrating. Robot Frustrated

Check you old service; it may still be working.

Are you transferring a landline, or VOIP service?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If your number hasn't ported yet you can continue to use your old sim. When the old sim stops working the port is complete and u can insert the public mobile sim 

Need Help? Let's chat.