cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Province wide

kat101
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am considering bumping down my service to province wide. I do have a question though. If the person I am calling has my provinces area code say Ontario, but is visiting Quebec. Would I need to add a top up in order to call them? or would it still be considered part of my plan? Would like to make sure before changing my service on the 7th, as my husband travels regularly for work but I dont typically leave the province and have no intentions in the next 90 days. 

9 REPLIES 9

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Thanks 😄 @srlawren

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Great description, @Mary_M

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Yes exactly, as long as you're calling a number within your local calling area, and his plan allows it, you shouldn't have any issues 🙂

Cheers! @kat101,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

kat101

@Mary_M I think so. So ideally, his plan would keep Canada wide, and I can downgrade to province wide and we shouldn't have any issues.  Thank you. 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @kat101

That is a good question! Technically, you should be able to place the call since you're calling a local number. However, your husband's plan need to include incoming calls while being in another province, or permit them - if his plan does not support this, the call won't go through on his end.

Does this make sense? 🙂

Mary

kat101

@Luddite Thats what I am hoping for. keep Canada Wide on his and province on mine. 

@CaNuCk07 Thanks. i did read through the link before posting. It seems very focused on my location not nessarily his which is why I asked.  Just trying to make sure that I can still call him if I need too even if he is out of the province. 

@Mary_M  Can the Mods make a comment on this before I change my acct please? 

@Ludditeawesome to know!

@CaNuCk07 wrote:

@kat101  Your husband would still be out of your calling area, om quebec cell towers, so you would need to get the calling long distsance package.

This is a good link.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Province-wide-Canada-wide-and-Long-Dist...

Dont' think this is correct. When you call an area code within your province that call is free. Whether the recipient receives the call while outside the province depends on their plan not yours.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.