cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Province wide calling

Ok. I’ve sent a message to the mods, waiting for a reply. 

Mayor / Maire

@kayla87 wrote:

Ok. I’ve sent a message to the mods, waiting for a reply. 

Get comfy Smiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

@kayla87 wrote:

I know the number can be long distance. But it’s a local

number. Plus he has PROVINCE WIDE LONG DISTANCE package so any Newfoundland number should work with that. And yes I’ve tried using 1-709- but I get the same message. He can call long distance numbers because I’ve tried, but this 709-218-**** will not work. 

@kayla87  Is the issue with that specific number or all 709-218 numbers? Do you or someone else have a PM Canada Wide calling plan to try that number and see if it works. I'm just thinking maybe the issue is with that specific number?

Public Mobile just announceed a 500 minute Canada Wide add-on for $5.00. Might be worth adding to your dad's plan. The minutes never expire and can be used to avoid similar issues in the future. Just a thought..Smiley Happy

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'd look into a canada wide monthly plan or an add on

@kayla87, I think @z10user4 has nailed the issue down, and the dialing lists need to be updated.

The only other suggestion I would provide is using a temporary work-around by using the Hangouts dialer app (on Android or iOS), or getting a free app like Fongo, to use a free number to make free calls thruout Canada.  Inconvient, yes, but a work around to make the call.  

Not sure if you've had your dad try this or not.  As suggested, the $15 plan, or the $25 plan may be suitable plan chnages, but that shouldn't be required.

Another suggest, try calling the number as 1-218-xxxx.

it could be an in province long distance call.  As you normally dial only 7 digits (20 years ago for me), the 1 in front May make this work.

if you’ve tried this already, please forgive me, I must have missed this.